New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 774 of 784 FirstFirst ... 674724764770771772773774775776777778 ... LastLast
Results 7,731 to 7,740 of 7833
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kamote View Post
    I need help. Is there a way to remove house paint that gotten into my car? The house near my parking lot decided to repaint without telling me. I got white spots all over the car. Ive already went to a detailing shop but they told me since the car is a bit new its a waste to do sanding?? The other shop advised i do paint correction. What is the best thing to do? Thanks
    Latex?
    How to remove latex paint speckles from your car. - YouTube

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I need help. Is there a way to remove house paint that gotten into my car? The house near my parking lot decided to repaint without telling me. I got white spots all over the car. Ive already went to a detailing shop but they told me since the car is a bit new its a waste to do sanding?? The other shop advised i do paint correction. What is the best thing to do? Thanks
    What happened to my car was paint splatter when my neighbor decided to paint the fence between our houses. Maliliit Lang naman & a quarter of the car but noticeable. I used turtle wax polishing compound at first & removed some but, it was really hard work. After some time, I tried claying it (Meguiar mild). It was easier but still hard work.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    kamote pala yan kapitbahay mo eh.. anyway, try mo din mag report sa baranggay at sa city hall, ask them for permit! kung bago, pwede ka mag claim sa insurance nyan damage to property..

try mo muna gamitan ng rubbing compound, apply by hand in a small portion and check if effective.

if sanding, make sure to use 3M grit 2000 sand paper. then polish with rubbing compound and apply wax.. nakakagulat lang yan pag nag wet sanding ka kasi mamumuti yung paint surface na akala mo nasira na tuluyan, pero pag na polish na, balik sa dating kintab yan
    Haha just like my username. Kamote talaga. Thanks for the suggestion. One by one muna and see what happens.

Latex?
    Not sure. Will ask that kamote. I'll give the alcohol a try. Thanks

4. Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Update: Tried the alcohol first it worked but im afraid that it will affect the paint in the future? Also i asked the worker they used enamel paint.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Update: Tried the alcohol first it worked but im afraid that it will affect the paint in the future? Also i asked the worker they used enamel paint.
    ok to use alcohol.. they use it naman talaga sa detailing... but don't forget to put a layer of wax after kasi natatanggal ng alcohol yung wax layer.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    ok to use alcohol.. they use it naman talaga sa detailing... but don't forget to put a layer of wax after kasi natatanggal ng alcohol yung wax layer.
    So the negative effect of alcohol is just on the wax? I have not used wax in a while so ill be okay then. Thanks

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    So the negative effect of alcohol is just on the wax? I have not used wax in a while so ill be okay then. Thanks
    yep.. dont let it the alcohol drip on the paint.. spray mo muna sa cloth, it can leave white drip marks when it evaporates on the paint surface

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    You'll be fine w/ Alcohol. You may also try kerosene w/ care. Just wax after.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Done restoring the trims on this 22yo Honda CRV. I used Solution Finish Black.

After the rainy season here at NCR the trims will go back to the faded color again. 20210403_121530.jpg20210403_121458.jpg20210403_110203.jpg

10. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    My 30mL Solution Finish Black is all used up and need to buy one. I previously bought it from Reflections Car Care.

I bumped into this Lazada store claiming that they're the official distributor of Solution Finish. Anyone here already tried to buy from this store? Is it really legit?

Solution Finish BLACK Trim Restorer with Kit 3ml (1oz.) MADE IN USA

screenshot_20210403-202048_lazada.jpgscreenshot_20210403-202135_lazada.jpgscreenshot_20210403-202203_lazada.jpg

"Tamang OC lang" - a newbie's guide to car appearance maintenance