New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Any suggestions for a good indoor car cover? I park my car in the garage and it is protected from the elements but then our area is a bit dusty as there are a lot of house construction going on the nearby lots. I noticed that after I have my car cleaned and waxed after a few days, there is already a film of dust all over the car. And when I use the car at night, the evening dew plus the dust makes my car look dirty again. Also, another major issue for me is that cats walk over the car at night and leave their irritating footprints all over.

I saw in ACE Hardware the KOBE brand. But I noticed that this is designed for outdoor as it has several layers to protect the car from rain and other elements. Medyo mahal siya at around P2000. I was thinking that I don't need this type of car cover because my car is parked inside a garage. I don't mind making an investment on this as long as I am getting my moneys worth.

Also, I also heard that some car covers cause scratches on the paint. I am not sure if this only happens if the car is parked outdoors but I don't want to risk getting scratches on the car kasi bago pa ang kotse ko. Can someone please recommend a good brand that will not cause scratches on my car? Paki sama na rin kung saan nabibili.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Indoor, Kobe would work fine, just make sure you wash it thoroughly before first use.

All covers have the risk of causing scratches, since you're having a direct contact with the paint.

The heavier the cover, the less risk there is since it won't move around when wind is present.

Mura na yung Kobe hehe... Yung mga totoong outdoor, all-weather covers cost over 15K. Di totoong all-weather Kobe.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Really?? There is no truth in Kobe's advertising that all-weather sila.

Tsaka, mura na pala yon. OK, I will budget this in on my next pay slip.

Thanks a lot on our advise.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I have a slightly used kobe car cover. Medyo madumi na. Gusto ko na nga ibenta. Ok naman, serves its purpose. Tamad lang ako maglagay.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I suggest you visit Handyman in Robinson's Malls. They're on sale. I saw several car covers on sale sa Robinson's Pioneer, Handyman..and even in Metro East... I think on sale ang most Robinson's Malls..

Quote Originally Posted by greenlight
    Any suggestions for a good indoor car cover? I park my car in the garage and it is protected from the elements but then our area is a bit dusty as there are a lot of house construction going on the nearby lots. I noticed that after I have my car cleaned and waxed after a few days, there is already a film of dust all over the car. And when I use the car at night, the evening dew plus the dust makes my car look dirty again. Also, another major issue for me is that cats walk over the car at night and leave their irritating footprints all over.

I saw in ACE Hardware the KOBE brand. But I noticed that this is designed for outdoor as it has several layers to protect the car from rain and other elements. Medyo mahal siya at around P2000. I was thinking that I don't need this type of car cover because my car is parked inside a garage. I don't mind making an investment on this as long as I am getting my moneys worth.

Also, I also heard that some car covers cause scratches on the paint. I am not sure if this only happens if the car is parked outdoors but I don't want to risk getting scratches on the car kasi bago pa ang kotse ko. Can someone please recommend a good brand that will not cause scratches on my car? Paki sama na rin kung saan nabibili.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Any truth on car covers not being good to the overall welfare of your paint? 'Coz I've been hearing people tell me not to use it (can't remember the brand of the cover my dealership threw in during my purchase) 'coz it would induce oxidation/rusting when it water in the air precipitates under the cover.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Mura na yung Kobe hehe... Yung mga totoong outdoor, all-weather covers cost over 15K. Di totoong all-weather Kobe.
    Uh can you suggest a name for the cheapest all-weather cover? 'Coz I might have to go to my grandpa's place on my next vacation. The place doesn't have a garage and it's surrounded by mango trees and other trees...not to mention my little cousins. BTW: when it says all-weather does it mean to say that the car can be left outside in the rain without having to worry about most part of your car getting wet?TIA

Suggestions for a good indoor car cover