New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2017
    For light dust... yes I use california duster and it seems to lift off the dust from the car in one steady direction/motion.

Pollution Film.... is it bad to keep it in the car for a long time before washing? You don't really notice it naman kasi especially on a darker colored car and I'd rather minimize the frequency of washing/drying because they also cause swirls/scratches.

What irritates me is the when i wipe the dust off from the glass windshield/windows... whether it's the california duster or a normal feather duster, they seem to be moist and spreads around and creates haze. so after dusting, i usually use glass cleaner pa to wipe them off.

Quote Originally Posted by brushless View Post
    Re: California Duster

If it's only light dust I wouldn't bother. It will just fly off once you drive your car anyway, right? If you dust, it will just come again at the end of the day and you dust over and over again. So much work and you are already accumulating swirls. OCD inducing, hahaha. Just let the wind do it for you when you drive. California dusters are only for light dusts and not for stubborn pollution films. They are people who have complained of scratches and swirls when using this product. If you attempt to dust off the black pollution film when you thought it's just dust, swirls swirls scratch everywhere. If you run your finger on the car and it's black and gritty or powdery to the feel, that's pollution film, step away from the car or you'll be tempted to dust it. lol!

Re: ONR

For ONR, I think many people assume its totally fine for dirty cars. Yikes! It's only for light dirt. I can always hose it down and pat dry. Same thing. lol

I think all this water saving method like two buckets and rinseless wash and such came to be because of California's strict laws on wasting water. That's $500 fine right there where it hurts. But, we are in the Philippines.

Anyway, for me,

1) If light dust, I won't bother. I let the wind do it for me when I drive.
    2) If dust/pollution film is building up, wind can't blow this off from the car, so I hose it down and pat dry.
    3) If the car is dirty with some nasty stuffs, no amount of hosing will do it, so it's car wash time on the weekend. At least 3 hours dedication of love and devotion - pressure washer, foaming, leaf blower, UQD, etc. You know the drill.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by brushless View Post
    Anyway, for me,

1) If light dust, I won't bother. I let the wind do it for me when I drive.
    2) If dust/pollution film is building up, wind can't blow this off from the car, so I hose it down and pat dry.
    3) If the car is dirty with some nasty stuffs, no amount of hosing will do it, so it's car wash time on the weekend. At least 3 hours dedication of love and devotion - pressure washer, foaming, leaf blower, UQD, etc. You know the drill.
    After doing item No. 3, it rains.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
    Pollution Film.... is it bad to keep it in the car for a long time before washing?
    Not necessarily. But, when it rains, this is one of the main causes of unsightly watermarks as the water dries off. You'll have it all over your car. Remember, rain is slightly acidic and will react to whatever compound that is in the pollution film. The longer you leave your car with watermarks, the more damage it will do to your paint. It's a nasty concoction. So, better keep watch of the weather.

For me, rain or shine, I keep it hosed down when pollution film accumulates to keep the car looking like new. Pollution film will make you car look dull. All those effort in washing the car will simply go to waste. grrrr! lol.

You don't really notice it naman kasi especially on a darker colored car and I'd rather minimize the frequency of washing/drying because they also cause swirls/scratches.
    You will notice it under the sun and bright light at a certain angle. Even more when someone just ran their fingers on it. But, it will camouflage under a shade or cloudy days. lol

Yes, of course, frequent washing/drying will accumulate swirls and scratches no matter what method you use. What we are doing here is "minimizing" as best as we can. That's why I only hose it down and pat dry when pollution film accumulates. No wiping. No way. I also keep my car washing day to a minimum, every two weeks or during the week if the car is really dirty.

What irritates me is the when i wipe the dust off from the glass windshield/windows... whether it's the california duster or a normal feather duster, they seem to be moist and spreads around and creates haze. so after dusting, i usually use glass cleaner pa to wipe them off.
    That's morning condensation. It will evaporate once the sun is up. Better to do it in the afternoon or evening.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    After doing item No. 3, it rains.
    Or bird poop. Hahaha!

I won't mind if it rains daily. No dust and pollution film to worry about. Water will just bead off from my car. But, those days with short rain duration and suddenly the sun is at full blast, that's something to watch out for because of those nasty watermarks.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Where can i buy ONR or UWW?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by xnxnxn View Post
    check mo olx o lazada, o kaya ask/pm mo si sir Ginnova

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Visit my website. REFLECTIONS CAR CARE. Both products are available

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Whats the difference between aftermarket and the regular one aside from price?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Whats the difference between aftermarket and the regular one aside from price?
    All my onr are in gallon sizes. Original 32oz bottle tends to leak out during shipment from US to Ph. For those opting for smaller sizes, we can repackage them into leak proof bottles.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    My brother bought this for me. Easy to use and I think the effect wears off easily too. I'm thinking of buying a new wax but it's a hassle to apply it compared to this one.

Anyone's have tried this? What's your observation / recommendation?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Spray-Wipe-Buff Waterless Car Wash