New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciz View Post
    salamat sir baka po may ma irerecommend ka na sealant
    big berts use carlack68 combo on my rig. I dont baby it that much.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 2

2. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Sealants can stand alone as-it-is. Although the more avid detailers "layer" it with carnauba wax to try to get the best of both worlds (durability for sealants and gloss for waxes).

If you plan on layering, you'll have to choose a wax that is.. well, just a wax. Some waxes are packaged as cleaner waxes and those will eat the underlying sealant layer if you plan on using them after sealing.

Curing time differs between product to product. In any case, you won't be paying attention to it unless you plan on layering another stuff on top of it. In any case, most sealants are mostly cured after an hour wherein 80% of the curing is actually done in <45 mins. I'm not an OC detailer, just 3 minutes after application of Menzerna's Power Lock to my car, I drove it in the rain for fetching-the-sister-duties. It's not like I'm worrying about "I should let this cure by waiting".

Madaming car washes ang nagsesealant. Problem is, they're generally more expensive than cheap carnauba waxes.

The more famous sealants are actually hard to find locally. Many say (in consumer forums such as Autopia) that the #1 and #2 respectively in this market is probably Blackfire Wet Diamond (BFWD) and Menzerna Power Lock (MPL). Some of the easier ones to source locally is Klasse's Sealant Glaze (KSG) which is very known for its durability.

Personally, I wouldn't sweat it. Use whatever wax or sealant you like. There's a lot of durable waxes out there that can equal most sealant's durability after all.
    Thanks for the reply sir.Nagegets ko na po.Would it be okay if turtle wax gagamitin? well carnauba wax is way cheaper than turtle wax pero mas nagtatagal po ba ang effect ng carnauba? thanks again sir

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    big berts use carlack68 combo on my rig. I dont baby it that much.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 2
    thanks sir

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Thanks for the reply sir.Nagegets ko na po.Would it be okay if turtle wax gagamitin? well carnauba wax is way cheaper than turtle wax pero mas nagtatagal po ba ang effect ng carnauba? thanks again sir
    Carnauba is a type of natural wax found in trees. It's as hard as concrete so what manufacturers do is to simply take a small portion (ex. 10%) then mix it up with petroleum distillates and other stuff (ex. beeswax, etc.) and voila, you have yourself your typical car wax.

Okay ba ang turtle wax? Well, if you plan on topping it on top of a sealant layer, I won't recommend it unless sure ka 100% wax lang siya. Most turtle wax products has cleaners on them kasi ;)

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Carnauba is a type of natural wax found in trees. It's as hard as concrete so what manufacturers do is to simply take a small portion (ex. 10%) then mix it up with petroleum distillates and other stuff (ex. beeswax, etc.) and voila, you have yourself your typical car wax.

Okay ba ang turtle wax? Well, if you plan on topping it on top of a sealant layer, I won't recommend it unless sure ka 100% wax lang siya. Most turtle wax products has cleaners on them kasi ;)
    Thanks a lot sir so ang carnauba wax po pala ay parang 100% wax?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Sir ciz i have klasse aio and sealant , collinite 476, ocw coming mid november. Please let me know before october 6 so that i can add yours. Thanks..

Maganda ang klasse. Dami ring matibay na wax, pero sabi nga ng ibang mga guru sa detailing. You wouldn't differentiate which is better..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Thanks a lot sir so ang carnauba wax po pala ay parang 100% wax?
    Carnauba is a wax and most commonly found sa mga car waxes natin. However, there are other types of waxes such as beeswax and etc. Whether a certain product contains 100% pure carnauba wax is another matter altogether. A very good example of a pure carnauba wax is Dodo Juice Supernatural wax or Souveran's Pinnacle Wax.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Carnauba is a wax and most commonly found sa mga car waxes natin. However, there are other types of waxes such as beeswax and etc. Whether a certain product contains 100% pure carnauba wax is another matter altogether. A very good example of a pure carnauba wax is Dodo Juice Supernatural wax or Souveran's Pinnacle Wax.
    nakakalito pala mga waxes anyway salamat boss

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12