New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Anong advantage ng scrap to metal over washover?

Kasi aside from being cheaper and faster, if done properly, won't the washover preserve the original rustproofing and add another layer of protection pa nga?

I bought new doors for my lancer, and the new doors werent of the same color. I had them washovered with the rest of the car. I figured, the original japanese rustproofing of the doors would also be preserved. Does my philosophy make any sense?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Your right. It will preserve the original 1st coating or the 1st factory coating. Similar threads can be viewed with this similar topic for detailed explanation. I think Strip to metal po not scrap to metal.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uwak18 View Post
    Your right. It will preserve the original 1st coating or the 1st factory coating. Similar threads can be viewed with this similar topic for detailed explanation. I think Strip to metal po not scrap to metal.
    Oo nga no. Sira na siguro yung "e" button ko, hehe.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mas tama yung spray over. you only do strip or scrape to metal kung very old and rusty na ang metal and you did major welding (so you practically burn the original paint protection.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ok naman ang scrape to metal kapag ok yung paggagawan mo nito pero as other tsikoteer said its better na washover to preserve the factory rustproof sayang naman

scrap to metal vs. washover