New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    A small rock fell from an overpass and hit my mazda 3 right between the two doors. Natanggal ang paint and the metal is exposed where it hit.

Casa is going to charge 12k (6k per door). (both doors got the chipped-off paint).

Is their price reasonable? If not, please recommend a good reputable shop in Manila where I can get this repaired! Thanks!

(edit: casa also said it would take 5 days)

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    wala ka bang comprehensive insurance? pasok mo na lang sa insurance yan sir.. para participation lang babayaran mo.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    insurance na iyan. per panel ang repair kasi

buti sa over pass galing. kung sa bundok, AOG.

sorry about the bad joke.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Oo nga pala, yes it's covered by insurance, pero kung ipapasok ko sa insurance, additional 7 days pa daw for insurance processing. Sabi ni salesman/insurance guy, that means I won't have a car for at least 12 days. Ganun ba talaga? I'd rather spend a little more basta mas mabilis.

Reasonable ba ang 12k for repainting of two doors?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    not true.. i a assess lang yan.. tapos hintayin nila LOA.. while waiting you can still use your car.. tapos pag approve na.. tsaka ipapasok.. mga 3 days lang yan.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by estok View Post
    Oo nga pala, yes it's covered by insurance, pero kung ipapasok ko sa insurance, additional 7 days pa daw for insurance processing. Sabi ni salesman/insurance guy, that means I won't have a car for at least 12 days. Ganun ba talaga? I'd rather spend a little more basta mas mabilis.
    You can have the car assessed by the insurance company WITHOUT leaving it at the repair shop. The insurance guy is just lazy to travel to your location to check the car. If he would say its SOP, then just change insurance companies to one that is more favorable to you.

Reasonable ba ang 12k for repainting of two doors?
    no.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Okay maybe I misunderstood him... baka pala he meant 7 days ang insurance "processing", not necessarily 7 additional days na wala akong car.

But I'm more inclined to believe you. Sige, I suppose I'll try for the insurance claim.

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You can have the car assessed by the insurance company WITHOUT leaving it at the repair shop. The insurance guy is just lazy to travel to your location to check the car. If he would say its SOP, then just change insurance companies to one that is more favorable to you.
    Okay, I'm starting to feel like a more empowered consumer. However, what does SOP mean? Can I also just change insurance companies in a snap? My insurance in fully paid... will my payments be somehow transferred to the company I transferred to?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by estok View Post
    Okay, I'm starting to feel like a more empowered consumer. However, what does SOP mean? Can I also just change insurance companies in a snap? My insurance in fully paid... will my payments be somehow transferred to the company I transferred to?
    SOP = standard operating procedure.

Paided up? ... Car Insurance is an annual fee you pay to the insurance company. Generally, it is a non-refundable fee.

You might be confusing it with other stuff like life insurance investment fund or similar...

As for changing car insurance companies, yes you can change anytime. Best to review the coverage and the fine print when choosing your next insurance company.

Rock fell on car -- metal exposed. Where to bring it?