New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    would anyone know how to remove these visors? it's taped (i think double sided) to the plastic part of the door. or better yet, would there be any shops where i can go to, to have it removed?
    sir theveed, pwede kaya sa bigberts?
    thanks in advance...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Bro jlo1, I find these accessories very functional on my ride. Is there a particular reason why you would want to have these removed? Yes, these are attached with a double-sided tape and in others like mine, there are also clamps. Suggest you bring it to a professional who can remove these without scratching / ruining your door's paintjob

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    pwede pong tanggalin yung door visors but in some cases where the window frame is blacked out it leaves a mark, problem with that is we cannot buff or degrime the blacked out part since in most cars it's FLAT black, medyo manipis kasi yung pintura nila dun baka lumitaw yung body color... pero kung body color pwedeng i-buff or degrime yun.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would recommend using a floss string pang alis. parang pino-floss mo yung rubber sticker (sawing action) until makalas. Tapos yung sticky glue na naiwan, you can use a hair blower to warm it up, the glue becomes easier to remove. Normally, nililibag ko lang ng daliri yung small ones na matitira, no need to buff.

You can also try diesel fuel on cloth (try to use cotton towel) to rub it off.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    the nylon / floss string is very good in removing things such as this. Whenever I debadge my vehicle, I use this together with some adhesive remover.. tapos kaunting polish and I'm ok.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    wildthing and dehadista, thanks for the suggestions. i was able to remove the visors using floss. one must be patient though.
    hayward and Impulzz, it was a good thing that the visors were installed only less than a month and were atached to the plastic part of the door. had the adhesive hardened, i guess i would have created scratches and chipping.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayward
    Bro jlo1, I find these accessories very functional on my ride. Is there a particular reason why you would want to have these removed?
    Why?

removing door visors...