New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Just curious who else runs this. I was lucky my van came with some from the original owner, But it was not as bright as I would like so I added some marine grade Solas 1/2 reflective tape to run under the current pin stripe and 3M diamond grade reflective on the front and rear bumpers. Let me tell you the 3M and Solas are bright at night. I also added some to my scooter for extra safety at night. Better to be seen in my opinion.

It also makes your vehicle more visible on dark streets, And the police cannot bug you and say your LED's custom lights are illegal for a little grease money.

Stock before the Solas

With 1/2" solas Marine grade reflective tape. I can spot this thing blocks away at night. Notice the difference in standard reflective tape and the Solas. 3M scotchlite is also some good stuff to use.

My super * with the 3M diamond grade reflective.

In my opinion just as good as adding a bunch of LED lights to your vehicle and looks pretty sweet at night. I am all about the being seen not hit. Especially if you break down on the side of the road at night. I also keep a 3" strip on the back upper rear glass after my trip to Baguio. Keeps people from driving behind you with their brights on because they just blind themselves LOL. This stuff is 98% reflective.

Last edited by dvldoc; May 28th, 2011 at 08:36 AM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    nice. where can i buy those?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    You just have to look around. I brought a bunch from the states with me last trip. But I saw several small automotive stores with lots of different colors of reflective tape. The stuff on Jeepneys is pretty good to. I saw some pretty bright reflective tape on some.

I also see a lot of trikes with reflective tape on them as well. Maybe someone knows of a few places to get it locally.

Also a good quality vinyl printing shop should also have this stuff. I used the adhesive back stuff. The 3M Diamond has a 10 year outdoor life.

I saw this site a while back you might want to give these guys a try in Pasay.

REFLECTORS click the link for the website. I have no ideal if they are even still around.

Company Name: Nobel Industrial Distrbutor Philippines Street Address: 1999 Sen Gil Puyat Avenue City: Pasay City Province/State: Metro Manila Country/Region: Philippines Zip: 1304 Telephone: 63-02-5212202

By the looks of it I'm pretty sure they got you covered

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    It could be usefull siguro if properly places on a car just so it does not look cluttered and messy.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    It works best at around below 4ft which is the average height of the headlight cut off of most vehicles. I prefer it just as pin stripe to complement the vehicles color. Mines only a 1/2" stripe but when it lights up it glows with the brightness of almost 2 inches. I put it high on my Givi box so I don't get reared by a larger truck which tend to have a much higher cutoff.

Reflective tape