New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    There actually isn't a general idea of product/item when it comes to removing swirls. It depends on the swirls themselves and technique. Yellow pad and Megs cleaner polish/medium cut will actually make the swirls worse on a car with already light to moderate swirls...

There's no way a PC with yellow pad can seriously damage your clear coat at all no matter how thin it is...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by blink21me View Post
    There actually isn't a general idea of product/item when it comes to removing swirls. It depends on the swirls themselves and technique. Yellow pad and Megs cleaner polish/medium cut will actually make the swirls worse on a car with already light to moderate swirls...
    I was talking about the DACP #83 not the cleaner.Like you said it depends on the technique.
    There's no way a PC with yellow pad can seriously damage your clear coat at all no matter how thin it is...
    Can i try PC on speed 6+yellow pad+ 3m rubbing compound on your car?Do not under estimate the pc.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I personally haven't tried # 83 myself, but it's supposed to be less agressive than the PB SSR3, and just a little more agressive than the 2.5... Based on my experience, SSR3 on yellow pad will not damage the paint unless you put it on one spot for an hour or so, that would be the only way it will generate enough heat to polish through the clearcoat...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
recommend a good orbital buffer