New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    After that hot and dusty summer, here
    comes the rains naman and non-stop at that!

How do you care for your car's interior and
    exterior during the monsoon season?

Problems:
    1. Water spots on the paint and on the glass
    pag napabayaan matuyo ang tubig ulan sa
    kotse... Hirap tanggalin.

2. Moisture left inside the car (from wet floor
    mats, perhaps?) resulting in a musty smell.

Any Preventive or Curative Solutions in mind?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Exterior, clean and seal your surfaces well... no other method.
    Interior, make sure that you air out your wet mats before closing the doors at night.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Exterior: This rainy days mas madalas akong mag linis ng sasakyan especially underwash, Kasi yung putik pagtugal at natuyo masmadaling mamuo ang kalawang. Mas madalas din akong mag wax para dumulas lang yung tubig sa body.

Interior: Di ako nawawalan ng uling sa ilalim ng upuan, para maabsorbed yung amoy sa loob ng car ko.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    TJMaxx,

Exterior:
    paint: Wax with a good quality paste or liquid wax or seal with synthetic sealnts. If you opt for the wax, do this more often, specially during the rainy season. Mga every 2-3 weeks. Sealants are more durable, so pwede na mga once every 6-8 weeks.
    glass: Clean and polish, then, apply a glass treatment product like Rain X or Rain Away. Cleaning and polishing will prevent wiper chatter, and the glass treatment product will aid in preventing watermarks from occurring on the windows.

Interior: If mats get wet, AIR DRY, AIR DRY, AIR DRY. Walang shortcuts, eh. b2y's advice re the uling sounds very good. Have to try it myself.

Pls check out: http://groups.msn.com/PinasDetailing

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If it doesnt stop raining or you cant clean your car but its gonna be parked... hose it out (especially the wheel wells).

If i'm about to leave the house and it stops raining, i douse the hood, roof, and trunklid with a bucket of water... Since the car is waxed, most of the rainwater beads will be washed off and only leave a few water spots/beads.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    interior: get a good mat that traps water and dirt very well...pagdating sa bahay isampay nang baliktad tapos mag-iwan ng uling sa loob kotse...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    chieffy
    price list naman dyan :wink:

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Pano i polish yung windshields?? : ) hehe

Rainy Day Car Care