New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    1)The 9227c that I got came with a wool bonnet.
    is this used for applying wax or polishing?

2)what is the ideal speed to be used when polishing?
    3)------------------------------------------- when waxing?

4)saw meguiars products at hanns tools 3 red bottles a step 1, 2 , 3 i cant remember what the 1st bottle was for but the 2nd one I believe was a polish and the 3rd was a wax
    was supposed to buy it but the sales person discouraged me and told me that it cant be used with the machine I got coz they were meant to be applied and buffed by hand is this true?

5)if this is true what polish should i use then? and where can i get it?

6) about those bonnets and polishing pads is the one that came with the unit sufficient for the job or should i get additional bonnets one 1 for polishing and 1 for waxing

7) will the makita 9227c burn paint ?

:confused:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1) the wool pad is for compounding (can also be used for polishing) - to remove surface defects. The wool pad is designed to take off a little clear coat or paint.

2-3) polishing? 1500-2000 rpm? Waxing is usually done by hand

4) Its really up to you. You may use the makita with the DC step1

5-6) You can visit Megs Kamias (Simex). Madami silang repacked products dun, they can also teach you what you should use and how to use it. Bumili ka na rin ng polishing pad (yellow), I think you shouldn't use a wool pad if your just starting out with detailing.

7) YES it can burn paint!

My suggestion is start with slow speeds first, with a Meguiars yellow polishing pad (900+ sa megs or get the 3M gray polishing pads from HANS tools), and not with the wool pad.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    3M gray polishing pads are the waffle pads i assume? paano ko sya aadapt sa makita? may parang velcro kasi ang makita 9227 didikita kaya yung 3m waffle pad dun?

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    The 3M waffle pads are velcro-backed so you should have no problems using it with the supplied backing plate of the 9227.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Congrats to your new MAKITA 9227!!!

You just bought probably one of the best tools one can have in detailing. However, one needs a lot of experience and skill in order to optimize this tool (not to mention the danger of burining our paint).

Check out the detailing shops in the metropolis and observe how they use their rotary tools. then, try to use your rotary at low speeds (900 to 1200 rpm) in your car.

yup, waxes are hand applied and manually buffed.

questions regarding makita9227c