New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you think kerosene is milder than diluted soap and water? hehe... think about it, what I suggested is merely washing a car one panel at a time instead of the whole car at once, what's the diff?

2. cj is offline Verified Tsikot Member
    he he he.... youre right theveed. thank you!!

3. cj is offline Verified Tsikot Member
    theveed, what kind of soap do you suggest? what about my idea of re-applying Excalibur (this is also made by turtle wax), advisable ba?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    can big bert's car shampoo remove deep down dirt? thats the problem of our cars..both are white..di mapantay yung kulay eh..one side is totally white while the other is about 3 shades darker..literally. kahit anong linis gawin mo di matanggal yung deep down dirt. hirap linisin car namin

5. cj is offline Verified Tsikot Member
    theveed, im sorry i forgot to tell you earlier, the "black car" is the new Trooper of my boss and Im doing him a favor. His driver probably applied too much wax and when it dried up completely, it wont come off. by the way, the wax he used is Excalibur Carnauba wax cleaner polish made by Turtle wax.

thanks in advance.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Originally posted by zechs
    can big bert's car shampoo remove deep down dirt? thats the problem of our cars..both are white..di mapantay yung kulay eh..one side is totally white while the other is about 3 shades darker..literally. kahit anong linis gawin mo di matanggal yung deep down dirt. hirap linisin car namin
    baka kelangan mo na ipaint cleaner at clay bar yan... mga paint stains at imperfections di talaga kakayanin ng carwash.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    zechs: yep, you need a paint cleaner or cleaner wax, not a shampoo.

cj: well, once you remove the baked on wax, you can reapply the product correctly, won't do much harm unless expired or something na yung wax.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    I do have a few questions:

I plan to detail my wife's stock green '98 5-door RAV4. It occurs to me that the glossy silver areas on the side panels (mostly the lower part of the doors) are actually trims and not exactly part of the body proper. I don't even think that they are made of metal. They have the same color as the bumpers.

After I wash and clean the vehicle, do I apply polish (Megs Crystal) even on these silver areas? They do seem to be painted, so I was thinking that they should also be treated with polish. On the other hand, they aren't exactly part of the body and therefore weren't subjected to the same (green) paint.

And thereafter, when I apply carnauba or sealant to the paint, do I include these silver areas as well?

Or should I just use a separate trim detailer? But I argue with myself that the area is so wide that it would benefit more from polish/sealant or wax rather than trim dressing. Moreover, won't applying wax or sealant provide more protection to the area? After all, it seems to be intrinsically glossy. Not as shiny and reflective as the paint. But glossy nonetheless. Now I'm confused.

And I have a corollary question: Must polish, wax, or sealant be applied only to painted metal surfaces? Can they not be applied even to such situations like the above?

Thanks.
    Last edited by groucho; November 23rd, 2004 at 10:27 PM.

9. cj is offline Verified Tsikot Member
    theveed, salamat. ok na yung trooper, maganda na ulit.... dinala na sa shop nyo eh... he he he. (kaso wala daw discount =)

10. cj is offline Verified Tsikot Member
    theveed, salamat. ok na yung trooper, maganda na ulit.... dinala na sa shop nyo eh... he he he. (kaso wala daw discount =)

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
question about waxing your car?