New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    OK na ata after 30days as you recieve d car, di pa kasi naka escape yung mga gases sa new paint..>>

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    gases is trap on surface when we apply wax on new paint, on future bubles will apear..>>

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Originally posted by JAYarc
    OK na ata after 30days as you recieve d car, di pa kasi naka escape yung mga gases sa new paint..>>
    AFAIK, paints on new cars are baked-dry. There shouldn't be a problem waxing it as soon as you get it.
    Last edited by legtu; June 30th, 2004 at 04:58 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gearspeed Oh my, I'd like to meet the guy twho told you that... A brand new car's paint is cured in a different way than repainted cars, the paint is totally cured when it leaves the plant. In addition, as I've repeated again and again, a brand new car is not literally brand new. Before you (the buyer) buys the car, it has been sitting around the factory lot for about a month before its shipped to the dealer, and in the dealership lot, it sits there for months before someone buys it.

JAYarc: Totally not true, even for repainted cars. The trapped solvents will not cause bubbles but it'll cause hazing. The gases do not have the "pressure" to build up a blister on the paint, neither does any wax have a holding power to create a layer that'll create a blister on the paint.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    theveed is it true kapag madalas (let's say every 3 weeks) mg wax can cause wax build up? what can it do on a dark gray paint? and how do i deal with it.. tnx

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    use solvent that indicate wax remover..>>

avoid rubbing compoung to remove old wax..>> hehe

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    hehe OK na pala apply ng WAX/carnuba for bnew cars eh..>>

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    alVin: Yes it's true, but the buildup won't be noticeable if you're using a good wax. Second, if your wax contains some level of cleaners (most waxes do), then you won't even be experiencing buildup for at least a year or so. Don't worry about it. If you wax every three weeks, the wax will be long gone before the 2nd week anyway.

Old waxes come off by itself if you don't wax often, waxes wear off and evaporate as you use your car, wash it or whatever elements you expose it to.

By the time you do a polishing job on your car, the wax will be removed by the polish that you'll be using.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bos theveed, one question...

kasi ako, i just wax my car once a month, pero every weekend naman or whenever needed ang car wash. does this mean, na for example, one week after the application of wax, tapos nag car wash ako, wala na yung wax?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Highly dependent sya sa type of wax mo and how the surface is before you apply your wax. Dependent din sa tapang ng sabon na gamit, weather and condition the car is exposed to and the color of the car.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
question about waxing your car?