New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    How many types of grit papers ang kailangan after maglagay ng putty? lowest to highest po ba? I saw sa youtube parang they start from 60 then 200 then 400. Ask ko rin how come after ng paint ng sanding pa rin? Required po ba yun? hindi po ba magasgas ang paint kng issand mo pa

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    ako gamit ko 800 kung spot putty na.at ready na sa primer..after nun buga na ng 4 layer na body color,saka patuyuin at i wet sand ulit..after na ma wet sand buga ulit ng 4 layer na body color sunod ko na ung top coat..after na ma tuyo kung may orange peal i wet sand mo ng 1000 saka mo na i buffing..hindi naman magagasgas pintura alalayan mo lang,,

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bail View Post
    How many types of grit papers ang kailangan after maglagay ng putty? lowest to highest po ba? I saw sa youtube parang they start from 60 then 200 then 400. Ask ko rin how come after ng paint ng sanding pa rin? Required po ba yun? hindi po ba magasgas ang paint kng issand mo pa
    Ito ba yung wet sanding
    na pantanggal ng bird droppings at mantsa sa paint?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    ano ba tong wet sanding?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bail View Post
    ano ba tong wet sanding?
    Wet sanding is a process whereby Water is used as a lubricating agent in sanding paint prepped surfaces. The use of water also improves the grit contact of the sand paper to the surface as the water washes down the lodged particles of the sanded paint or material from the sand paper itself thereby reducing friction burn and unwanted scratches. The wet sanded area is also easy to check for high spots or orange peel or the dreaded bubble spots from when moisture from the air compressor manages to mix with your color paint or top coat. I would advise that you let the pro's do it as it gets kinda bloody to rectify if you make a mistake experimenting with it.