New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Paint protect should be applied as soon as you get your vehicle if possible. The earlier, the better.

hi. hindi pa ba enough yung free paint protect from the dealer? i just got my car last saturday and i dont know if i should bring it na to BB for their optiguard program. ang hirap ng wala masyadong alam. been trying to read din ng mga threads for additional inputs kaso na-overwhelm ako sa dami.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Paint protect should be applied as soon as you get your vehicle if possible. The earlier, the better.

hi. hindi pa ba enough yung free paint protect from the dealer? i just got my car last saturday and i dont know if i should bring it na to BB for their optiguard program. ang hirap ng wala masyadong alam. been trying to read din ng mga threads for additional inputs kaso na-overwhelm ako sa dami.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by chrolli View Post
    it depends kung anong procedure ang ginawa sa free paint protect ng dealer at kung satisfied ka na sa current condition ng brand new car mo. glide your hand over the paint surface. is it as smooth as glass? if it is not, then you need to clay the paint to remove embedded contaminants. get a flashlight and light the paint. can you see swirl marks? if yes, then you need to polish the paint.

if satisfied ka na sa condition ng car, no need to do anything more than regular wash and wax regimen.

if hindi ka satisfied, you can bring it to BB for their 'New Car Paint Protection' service. this is just one session and different from 'Optiguard' program. Or bring it to any detailing shop for 'Full Exterior Detailing'. backread below thread for more info.

http://tsikot.com/forums/auto-painti.../index166.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Proper Care for the Exterior of a Brand New Car