New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which plate cover do you have/will you buy?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glass (blue)

6 9.52%
  • Glass (green)

5 7.94%
  • Plastic with border and brand

16 25.40%
  • Plastic with border

13 20.63%
  • Plastic with metal border

22 34.92%
  • Plastic (dark)

1 1.59%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    okay lang ba yung frames lang walang cover?

mapangit kasi yung dulo ng plaka ko hindi pantay, at matulis, nakakasugat at sumasabit yung pantalon lagi. at tumitiklop pa.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Hi,

Ask ko lang kung hinuhuli ba ng mga pulis yun mga may plate cover. I heard na sa makati hinuhuli daw yun naka plate cover. TIA

Josh

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I used the clear, acrylic glass, with border which I got from D.I.Y.

The glass is 9 mm thick, consisting of 3 layers of 3mm thick acrylic glass. Fastened with 6 screws thus sandwiching your plate in the middle. Making it quite heavy. Although a bit pricey (costs me around Ph P500) it looked nice.

I bought one and tried it on my REAR plate. I never did get to buy another one for my front plate coz the FRONT PLATE WAS STOLEN!!!

AsaR!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    clear glass lan.. wala sa poll.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    clear glass with silver border. enhances look of car

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    clear glass with silver border. enhances look of car!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Just found in Phil. Daily Inquirer page 3 Oct. 10 issue: "PNP is cracking down on motorists who use sirens, blinkers, expired commemorative plates and colored covers for license plates.... Palad said any tint or color that obstucts the view of the licese plates will be confiscated."

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I use the Deflector brand plate cover, but I only use the frame, not the clear plastic cover since it's a PITA to get pulled over and have to debate with traffic cops because of the existing ordinances against its use.

Anyway, with the frame in place, my plates are still protected from getting snagged on pedestrians' clothing when they pass too close to the bumper.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I am also using the deflector brand na plate cover. Clear plastic. So far no problems.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    I am also using the deflector brand na plate cover. Clear plastic. So far no problems.
    i'm also using the same plate cover nakuha ko as freebies sa casa. so far, no problem naman.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
POLL: Plate Covers