New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Parang Php1,500.00/pr nung nawalan ng plaka yung Starex. Ewan ko lang kung iyan ang actual cost o may dagdag pang pang merienda ng mga buwaya.

Saka sobrang tagal bago dumating yung bago.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I got my replacement plates after 2 weeks courtesy of Olet Mojica. P1,500 damage.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    yup, we are aware of this. what i was implying on my previous post is that pwedeng palabasin ng LTO na may takip pa rin yung license plate mo, maski hindi tinted, pwede nilang palabasin na hindi pa rin visible...so hassle yan sa driver...

much better kung wala ng takip, iwas hassle.

1. my post makes no reference to your post or to that of anyone else. i was only sharing what i know of the law of the subject.

2. so there is no point insinuating that i misundestood you or i made you appear that you are wrong.

3. if "we are aware of this", then why this thread exists?

4. you may know what i stated above, but others do not. that is why this thread exists.

5. as shown by a handful of posts, a few wants to cover their plates. my post, as i intended it to be, provides them with the idea of the state of our law on the matter so that they will know what they can do and what they cannot.

6. plate covers are a bit expensive so one must make sure that they are not illegal (or at least the ones that he would be buying) before buying them.

7. i too had all my plates covered. i re-studied the law on this before buying my covers. i have never been apprehended. my plate covers are cleaned everytime i clean my windshield and sidemirrors. that is compliance with the law.

8. i have no qualms with your suggestion. neither with you. the only person i have problems with, whose name is repeatedly mentioned here, is honda. and this will last until it accedes to my legitimate demands and improve the quality of their products.

9. your statement that "pwedeng palabasin ng LTO na may takip pa rin yung license plate mo, maski hindi tinted, pwede nilang palabasin na hindi pa rin visible" is a baseless apprehension. one can never say that a plate cover is tinted when it is not. kahit pa seguro duling tumingin niyan. if one would say that, bobong-bobo talaga siya. agogan na yan.

10. and just because may bobong-bobo na lto officer who will say that and make such accusation, we should allow him to limit our options which are not otherwise illegal. it is like allowing him to curtail our rights and encouraging him to do the same mistake to others, as if ang mali nagiging tama na. huwag lang maabala. and that is a no-no to me. maybe to you.

11. your suggestion depends on whether others who read it take it or not. as such, you cannot impose it to anyone, much more to me. the information i gave is only about the law (and i took the pains of re-reading it before sharing it); so it is immaterial if anyone accepts it or not. or you accept it or not for that matter.

12. your suggestion is based on practicalilty. (iwas abala nga e.) what i stated in my post is the legality. they are not parralel so there is no point of comparison, much more a point of argument or correction.

13. i do not correct anyone. perhaps, until this post. i only share my experience and knowledge. if i have to make a comment, i emphasize that it is an fyi, an opinion or suggestion. take it or leave it baga.

14. it is perfectly alright with me if you (or anyone) else will correct me for what i have said or posted in this forum so long as you have a valid justification or basis for your point of view. and i would gracefully accept my mistake.

15. if you correct me for what i have said or posted which is neither right or wrong, if it has nothing to do with you or if it is a point of law where your argument is baseless, i will argue with you to eternity.

16. in my first five years in the practice of law, i handled all kinds of cases involving vehicular collisions/traffic incidents imaginable. i have defended, prosecuted and settled such cases (mailan-ilang neuro-surgeon at ortho na rin ang nabarat ko; kaysa wala silang bayad makuha from the injured; 99% sa mga cases of this nature, nakakalimutan ang bayad ng doctor sa ayusan), including the collision of two fully-loaded passenger buses in NLEX one monday morning way back in 1996 or thereabout where a lot lost their lives and limbs and even eyes. i can discuss to you our transportation and traffic laws to eternity. but i cannot certainly impose upon you what you ought and ought not do, specially with your plate.

17. i am here in this forum to share my experience and knowledge in the hope that i can help others, particulalry on matters that require the application of the law, as a way of reciprocating their efforts in sharing their experience and knowledge that have unarguably have enriched me.

18. if you will read my posts in other threads, i am an advocate of defensive driving and i encourage the observance of the statutory speed limit to avoid or minimize the chance of being involved in a traffic incident. in my experience, most collisions and traffic incidents happen when one or both the vehicles involved are travelling on an illegal speed.

19. what i do not encourage is kaduwagan. yong tipong iwas abala ba, kahit nasa tama at kailangang ipaglaban. just like those honda owners ranting in the honda threads. rant ng rant, ayaw naman ipaglaban karapatan nila. kaya they do not get what they paid for.

20. in this thread, what i have posted is only an information of the parameters of the rights and the correlative legal duties of any car owner under the law as to their lates. fyi nga e. what the car owner will do is up to him. kung as is as you suggested, para iwas abala, so be it. pinturan ng clear coat, ok rin; hanapan lang nila ng magandang paraan pagdikit ng new stickers when they have their registration renewed. kung gusto nila ng may cover, bumili sila. tinted or not, problema na nila yan. wala na akong paki jan. neither do you.

21. i am sorry, but i have to say all these to clear the air.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    sorry to resurrect this thread but wow! the last post prior to mine was awesome. some people just have to defend themselves. oh, well. . .

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    and what's this about arguing 'til eternity? i do believe that anyone in his right mind wouldn't want to argue with you 'til kingdom come. that would be a total waste of time. a simple act of clarification needn't be overspecific to the point of boring the readers of this forum. i believe happy gilmore, being a cheerful person, had no intention of insulting you much more if he knew that a barrage of legal speak would follow shortly. did your lengthy response give you the peace of mind you so long for? did it really clear the air? sorry mods, my first time to be way off topic. just couldn't help it, i simply need to clear the air.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    until dec 13, 2006 lang yata sir..

anyway, sino si Olet Mojica at yong P1,500 ba ay pair na at kasama na pang-meryenda?
    Quote Originally Posted by typhoon View Post
    I got my replacement plates after 2 weeks courtesy of Olet Mojica. P1,500 damage.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Tatay kase ata ni Olet e taga-LTO so may contact sya.

All in na yung P1,500. Abot mo na lang sa kanya pag nakuha mo na plaka.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    thanks po! pa-pm na lang any contact number, kung meron.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by typhoon View Post
    Tatay kase ata ni Olet e taga-LTO so may contact sya.

All in na yung P1,500. Abot mo na lang sa kanya pag nakuha mo na plaka.
    Interesado din ako dito, pa-pm na lang din ng contact number.

salamat!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Good Day Tsikoteers!

In my case po, naka light blue tempered glass plate cover po ang aming sasakyan. I had installed it to protect our license plate para di magfade agad due to frequent washing, etc.. I've been to Ayala/Buendia for the past weeks pero di pa naman ako natyetyempuhang mahuli. Im just wondering na kung tanggalin ko na din for the sake of "iwas abala" or "I could still consider my plate cover as legal and fight for my right as civilian against the traf enforcers o kaya's magpalit ako ng clear glass?

Sa Makati lang ba ang implementation nito? Taga Makati din po ako pero my friend also said na ingat daw ako sa Makati dahil sa plate cover ko. Si Mayor Binay lang ba ang nakaisip to strictly implement this license plate policy?

Sir Starbutt, since you practice law, can you please provide us the license plate policy na nakasaad sa saligang batas? How can we say that our license plates cover is legal? Thanks in advance.

Peace po sa lahat! Tsikoteers posts here as allies not rivals ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Plate Number Cover