New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    When washing a car, which parts should be washed first or does it really make any difference? Also, is it a good idea to wash a particular part or side of a car then rinse it before moving on to other side or other parts?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by azr1992 View Post
    When washing a car, which parts should be washed first or does it really make any difference? Also, is it a good idea to wash a particular part or side of a car then rinse it before moving on to other side or other parts?
    well, its really up to you on how you wash your car.

but then, the way I do it though is that I start from the top (roof) all the way down to the tires (which I always wash the very last). so yeh, just start from the roof, then the hood & trunk, then the doors, fenders, then the bumpers. then do the rims & tires the very last.

aite, peace.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by KBR View Post
    well, its really up to you on how you wash your car.

but then, the way I do it though is that I start from the top (roof) all the way down to the tires (which I always wash the very last). so yeh, just start from the roof, then the hood & trunk, then the doors, fenders, then the bumpers. then do the rims & tires the very last.

aite, peace.
    I agree, the rims and tires should always be washed last. That's because the grittier dirt particles tend to be in the tire and wheel well area. You wouldn't want these particles scratching the finish of your vehicle after they get onto your sponge/rag/microfiber towel. In which case, I use a scrubber or brush for the tires and rims/mags.

So I'd say, roof first, hood/trunk/bumpers next, then doors and fenders, and rims & tires last. If I use a power washer, I'd go for the undercarriage and wheel well area as well.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ako din. generally i go downwards when i bathe the car. except that i start w/ the windows and windshields (front and rear) first before moving on to the body of the car

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Generally, you should wash from the top going to the lowest areas. And like the others have said, the wheels are the last to be washed, because they're usually the dirtiest.

Now, as to the part by part finishing question, it depends on the wash/soap/detergent/whatever you're using. If it says do not let dry, do not let it dry up before rinsing it off the car. If it doesn't warn about the length of time you can leave it on the car, then you can do the whole car at once, rinsing all of the suds away as the last step before wiping it dry.

When in doubt, read the instructions on the bottle/can.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I acknowledge that this is a matter of preference for many of us. Here's my take on it:

When washing a car, which parts should be washed first or does it really make any difference?
    I wash/clean the wheels and wheel wells first using a bucket of soapy water and some brushes. I then proceed to wash the rest of the car from the high to the low areas using the two-bucket and two-mitt method.

Also, is it a good idea to wash a particular part or side of a car then rinse it before moving on to other side or other parts?
    For me, the answer would be a yes. I don't have a covered garage, so I tend to wash and rinse a panel before I proceed to another one. This way, I avoid drying the car shampoo on the paint.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    top to bottom.

but if you have pressurized washer, spray onto wheels first to wash off the grit and dirt that may come to the vehicle's body if i decided to wash it last- then start from roof down.

it does make a difference washing from top to bottom. as the dirt was isolated at the bottom part of the car.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i do it like sa mga car wash... ginaya ko lang sila... hehehe

ill wash the whole body then rinse it then another bucket for the wheel wells, rims, tires. i use a scrub on the wheel wells and tires but not on the rim. sponge pa din coz it might scratch the finish.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    personally, i would wash the tires first.. then roof downwards to the rest of the car..

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    top to bottom, nakakasave ka rin ng water pag magrinse

Which parts should be washed first?