New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Baguhan lang po ako alam ko po na after car wash ang wax and buff.Pero ano po ba tama at best result nito? wala po ako buffing machine, thanks po

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciz View Post
    Baguhan lang po ako alam ko po na after car wash ang wax and buff.Pero ano po ba tama at best result nito? wala po ako buffing machine, thanks po
    For starters, read page 1 of Tamang OC thread. http://tsikot.com/forums/auto-painti...tenance-77542/

Also, backread the Detailing thread. http://tsikot.com/forums/auto-painti...nued-3]-77808/

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    apply as little wax as possible. to do this, put a little bit on the applicator, and spread it wide on the dry panel. you'll see a change from dry to something hazy, that's enough. no need to use a glob of wax. spread the haze/wax. if the applicator is not spreading haze, it's time to reload a bit of wax again.

then do the finger swipe test if the wax is ready for buffing

then buff to shine.

it's tempting but don't use the wax & applicator to correct swirls

4. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Thanks po. So ang circular motion pala ng mga car wash shops mali?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Hindi mali ang circular. It depends on your preference lang. DA polishers uses random orbital motion, which is similar to manual hand waxing in circular motion.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Hindi mali ang circular. It depends on your preference lang. DA polishers uses random orbital motion, which is similar to manual hand waxing in circular motion.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Also kung first time mo pa lang mag wax, make sure to apply and buff 1 section at a time. That way, kahit na nagkamali ka maglagay ng makapal na coat, it won't be too hard to buff off.
    Once you become proficient at applying thin coats, then you can safely proceed with waxing the whole car before buffing off.

Another thing is -- if it's your first time to apply wax, it might be good to invest in some masking tape to mask off any exposed plastic moldings that your car has. Getting wax on the plastic molding may cause it to get white stains. Pero pag confident kana, you'll be able to apply wax while avoiding the plastic moldings.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    Another thing is -- if it's your first time to apply wax, it might be good to invest in some masking tape to mask off any exposed plastic moldings that your car has. Getting wax on the plastic molding may cause it to get white stains. Pero pag confident kana, you'll be able to apply wax while avoiding the plastic moldings.
    +1 on this. Mamumuti yung plastic mouldings kapag nalagyan ng wax. I got carried away waxing, nalagyan yung plastic shroud sa may wiper area. I had to wash it off, then apply tire black. Buti ok naman kinalabasan.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by garfield_08 View Post
    +1 on this. Mamumuti yung plastic mouldings kapag nalagyan ng wax. I got carried away waxing, nalagyan yung plastic shroud sa may wiper area. I had to wash it off, then apply tire black. Buti ok naman kinalabasan.
    Hahah... mukhang rite of passage ata ito.
    My first car was a AE92 corolla XL. And believe it or not, I applied turtle wax hard shell on the unpainted front and rear bumpers.
    Grabe... it took months before the whitish chalk film wore off.

I read frequently that Peanut Butter can fix this daw. But I haven't tried. (Or rather, I'd prefer to avoid it than try it.)

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Kung itim sasakyan mo,- proceed with extreme caution...

“The measure of a man is what he does with power – LJIOHF!”
    Duterte for President of the Philippines in 2016!
    25.2K:morgensmile:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast