New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162
Results 611 to 620 of 620
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,458
    #611
    Quote Originally Posted by carrera_911 View Post
    pwede bang ipa insurance kung simpleng dent lang? mag expire na kasi this march ang insurance..sayanag naman at magamit.
    You might want to consider the overall cost. If you use your insurance, check the participation fee and compare how much it will cost you if you just have it repaired outside of casa.

  2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    40,419
    #612
    Quote Originally Posted by carrera_911 View Post
    pwede bang ipa insurance kung simpleng dent lang? mag expire na kasi this march ang insurance..sayanag naman at magamit.
    puede po.
    but we have to be aware of the participation fee that virtually every comprehensive insurance policy has.
    tanong nyo po kung magkano pagawa kung insurance ang sasalo, at kung magkano kung kayo po ang magpagawa.

  3. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,387
    #613
    Kung simple dent lang yan, baka mas mura at mas mabilis pa pagawa sa PDR kesa ipasok mo sa insurance. Pero icheck mo pa rin po.

  4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    57
    #614
    Thanks sa mga suggestions..pero policy 3.5k ang participation. nag tanong na kasi ako sa pdr bubutasan daw yung part na gagawin so hindi din advisable.

  5. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1
    #615
    How much usually yung pagawa kapag minor dent? May nadampian kasi akong car tapos 3k yung hinihingi. Reasonable ba yun with this kind of dent?

  6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    40,419
    #616
    Quote Originally Posted by carlaa View Post
    How much usually yung pagawa kapag minor dent? May nadampian kasi akong car tapos 3k yung hinihingi. Reasonable ba yun with this kind of dent?
    it's also about the amount of the participation fee of some insurance contracts.
    either way, if i were the one at fault, i'd pay.

  7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    439
    #617
    Parking entrance barrier fell on the double-walled roof frame of the Camry (didnít blame the attendant as it would probably cost him his job).

    Anyway, my trusted PDR tech took a look at it and he said (though didnít recommend it since it would compromise structural integrity and might cause rust issues) it would entail cutting a hole behind the frame as itís double walled to do a proper repair using his method.

    He did mention though that a professional ďglue pullĒ method, which he currently doesnít have, might do the trick. Anyone know of a shop using this method? Preferably south, but anywhere in the metro would be fine.

    Cheers!

  8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    40,419
    #618
    many years ago,
    when my car's roof caved in, for reasons we could not fathom,
    we simply pushed the metal outward from inside the passenger cabin.
    we didn't even have to remove the ceiling cover.

    i know of some workers who would drill a small hole thru one of the metal walls, in order to manipulate and fix the double-walled segment.

    i had one such repair on our running board.
    after several years, the area still looked fine on the outside.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 19th, 2021 at 10:14 AM.

  9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    10,990
    #619
    Quote Originally Posted by corbon44 View Post
    Parking entrance barrier fell on the double-walled roof frame of the Camry (didnít blame the attendant as it would probably cost him his job).

    Anyway, my trusted PDR tech took a look at it and he said (though didnít recommend it since it would compromise structural integrity and might cause rust issues) it would entail cutting a hole behind the frame as itís double walled to do a proper repair using his method.

    He did mention though that a professional ďglue pullĒ method, which he currently doesnít have, might do the trick. Anyone know of a shop using this method? Preferably south, but anywhere in the metro would be fine.

    Cheers!
    Note that pull should only be applied on factory paint, can be disastrous on previously retouched spots.

    Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

  10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,611
    #620
    Quote Originally Posted by corbon44 View Post
    Anyway, my trusted PDR tech took a look at it and he said (though didnít recommend it since it would compromise structural integrity and might cause rust issues) it would entail cutting a hole behind the frame as itís double walled to do a proper repair using his method.
    A rock landed on my trunk lid right behind the area with a double wall. Had it fixed at Ortigas Autohub. The PDR tech recommended the same thing. He filled and repainted the hole after the repairs were done. I check it every now and then and noticed no rust streaks. That was more than a year ago.

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162
Paintless Dent Repair