New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimchijiji View Post
    Where did u spray it? In a plastic bag? Then dip and apply from a toothpick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I sprayed it in a paper cup (carefully). Then dip the toothpick. A magnifying glass would help and a painter's tape (blue) so it won't be messy. Precision work required . I use green cross rubbing alcohol to clean the area of the stone chip of any contaminants before doing this.

Wait a day to dry then even it out with a scratch remover (formula 1). You will find that the paint is still a little soft and I find it easier to blend, even out and smoothen rather than a hard dried paint. Can't believe it worked and it saved me lots of $$ buying a stone chip repair/touch up kit from ebay/amazon.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    What im thinking is putting carnuba wax around the affected area so paint wont stick besied the chipped area.

How to Repair Paint Stone Chips - YouTube

Edit: video for reference

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimchijiji View Post
    What im thinking is putting carnuba wax around the affected area so paint wont stick besied the chipped area.

How to Repair Paint Stone Chips - YouTube

Edit: video for reference
    You can do that too using carnuba besides the painter's tape. I have watched this video before, but, I'm kind of reluctant using a sandpaper because it might affect a bigger area as you sand. A scratch remover is much finer and will do the same job anyway and the formula 1 is clearcoat safe. It's also better that some paint will sort of extend just a little from the chipped area as it helps with the blending.

Anyway, this is what works for me in my situation. Maybe, a larger stone chip might require steps like the video.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Got 1-2mm paint chip on my roof. I fear it may rust (valid fear?). Just wondering where to get it repaired (preferrably somewhere south) or is it safe to DIY. Color is snowflake white pearl.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123