New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pros and cons guys. Help me decide.
    1. Initial cost
    2. cost of maintenance
    3. Regularity

I like the high gloss of an auto detailed car with matching protection of the cars paint.

Thanks
    :wink:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I had my Adventure done sa Ziebart. Paint Protection. Mayroon pa silang mas matindi, yung Diamond Gloss Paint Protection. They use materials use for Aviation.

Pros and Cons
    Mas mahal ang Paint protection kesa detailing.. mga 3x...
    Mas tumatagal ang shine ng paint pro... advise nga nila just use plain water without
    shampoo in cleaning...
    Paint pro will last for a year or more... the detailing may be less... (My bro got his car detailed sa Meguire's, repeat siya uli after 5 mos, my paint pro ok pa more than a year na...)

They are both there to protect the paint, so sacrificial film din pareho sila para sila ang nakaexpose sa elements... If you have the bucks... go for both... otherwise, either is fine...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Refer to this thread... ideally, the paint must be detailed before any "protection" is applied...

http://www.pinoyforums.com/org/tsikot/viewtopic.php?t=626

Paint protection systems are nothing more than polymer sealants applied with a mister and quick setting agent.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks thanks guys for your reply especially kay theveed for that very informative thread. Guess it boils down to what kind of car owners tayo. then apply what we learn from the detailing gurus.:lol:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Granted if ever I get a new paint job... I'll most definitely try the Ziebart route... if it really can save me so much time/effort, it's worth the dough...

PAINT PROTECTION OR EXTERIOR AUTO DETAILING