New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Mga sir at mam, tanong lang po sana ako, ano po ba ginagamit sa mga Paint protect programs like, ziebarts, big bert's or honda's hydrophilic yata yon?

Kase I've seen a lot of questions here regarding having your car treated with those and they were all answered like "don't waste your money on those, you can do those on your own, they are just waxes that costs less than a thousand pesos" so what are those waxes talaga? I see that they have to prep your paint first by claying or using cleaners, then sealants, then wax if I'm not mistaken. So ano po ba ginagamit nila talaga?

TIA po sa mga sasagot

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Not sure what Ziebarts or Honda use, but Big Bert's uses Carlack 68 NSC and LLS, which is pretty much the same things as the Klasse twins (KAIO and KSG). In fact, you can but these products from Big Berts yourself (last I checked, you got the two products for 2,600), and apply as you'd like - and you'll get a lot of applications for the 2,600.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001 View Post
    Not sure what Ziebarts or Honda use, but Big Bert's uses Carlack 68 NSC and LLS, which is pretty much the same things as the Klasse twins (KAIO and KSG). In fact, you can but these products from Big Berts yourself (last I checked, you got the two products for 2,600), and apply as you'd like - and you'll get a lot of applications for the 2,600.
    Thanks! you've helped me a lot already, you gave me a regimen also before if you can remember honestly, the regimen you gave me really works well, my collinite is still beading until now and it's more than a month old and suffered more than 10 rains already I wasn't able to find the Meg's UQW or Optimum Car Wax at a reasonable price in stores in pampanga, I think because they are rare there, so I got myself a Mother's FX Spray wax which is half the price of the Meg's, it says that it can be used as a booster wax, so I hope this is okay to use. I tried it last night, it was really shiny, easy to apply too and smells great, hehehe!

I'll take a try of the Carlack 68 NSC and LLS when I get the money, currently I'll stick with the collinite and mothers regimen. But I am curious on how my regimen compares to Big Bert's paint protect, is Big Bert's really better?

TIA again

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by imogen View Post
    Thanks! you've helped me a lot already, you gave me a regimen also before if you can remember honestly, the regimen you gave me really works well, my collinite is still beading until now and it's more than a month old and suffered more than 10 rains already I wasn't able to find the Meg's UQW or Optimum Car Wax at a reasonable price in stores in pampanga, I think because they are rare there, so I got myself a Mother's FX Spray wax which is half the price of the Meg's, it says that it can be used as a booster wax, so I hope this is okay to use. I tried it last night, it was really shiny, easy to apply too and smells great, hehehe!

I'll take a try of the Carlack 68 NSC and LLS when I get the money, currently I'll stick with the collinite and mothers regimen. But I am curious on how my regimen compares to Big Bert's paint protect, is Big Bert's really better?

TIA again
    Yep I remember If you're applying the Collinite on a frequent enough basis (I think I mentioned every 4 to 6 weeks), plus maintaining with a spray wax to help boost it regularly, then you're perfectly fine - better than most of the Big Bert's customers who only go there every three months for the periodic sealant application.

The local distributor of Optimum products has launched an online car care store, Pinoy Car Care; they offer shipping of products as well, so a possible option when your FX spray wax runs out.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    May I ask what variant of Collinite are you using?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001 View Post
    Yep I remember If you're applying the Collinite on a frequent enough basis (I think I mentioned every 4 to 6 weeks), plus maintaining with a spray wax to help boost it regularly, then you're perfectly fine - better than most of the Big Bert's customers who only go there every three months for the periodic sealant application.

The local distributor of Optimum products has launched an online car care store, Pinoy Car Care; they offer shipping of products as well, so a possible option when your FX spray wax runs out.
    waaaaaaa! sayang sir! :-( gusto ko paman sana optimum. sige pag naubos sir, maraming salamat ulit!

Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    May I ask what variant of Collinite are you using?
    476s sir

Paint Protect