New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by madkatz View Post
    *Chickselog: Just check your applicator every time you apply the product, this way you can check if there's something stuck in the applicator pad every once in a while. Having good lighting also helps ensure you can see properly what parts are already applied and buffed. using 1 applicator pad for steps 1 and 2 back to back would be alright, i just think it would make the applicator mad a bit slippery, but properly holding and grip would be enough, im actually plannin on heading over to ace again and get me 1 more dying towel and one more set of MF pad and towel hahaha just to stock some up, their Mf covered applicator pads are actually quite sturdy, just check for those that don't have runs on the seams on the sides, i has one MF applicator pad that had a run too bad i didn't notice it until i got home. Good luck again on your up coming detailing session and don't forget to post pics!!
    I'm done detailing.. started 9:30 this morning and finished around 8:30pm including interior cleaning, with rest of course..I will try to post pics asap maybe tomorrow afternoon..

Anyway, what I did on the applicators was 1 app back to back using step 1, 1 app back to back using step 2..And then I used microtex suede for application of the step 3..I hope this time mas iba na ang shine at I hope naging effective ang step 1..pagkatingin ko kanina sa bubong may mga watermarks

Hmm, ano po ang magandang QD for a red mica metallic (from toyota's color) color car? I'm currently using TW platinum QD..kanina naman yung Mother's Showtime..

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *chickselog: thats ok, you can buff out the water mark on your next detailing session, but next time though try to check if after using step 1 you still have water marks or other stains, make a thorough check from front to back from top to bottom before proceeding to step 2, if after applying step 1 you still have water marks try to apply it again but this time apply some pressure, if it still doesn't come off you might need to hand apply some polishes, before you move to step 2.

Actually TW platinum and Mothers showtime are already both good QD's, if you want something slightly better try Megs Ultimate Quick Detailer, but if you're gonna ask me its not gonna do that much better compared to the 2 you already have, they're about nearly in the same league, Megs UQD only has hydrophobic capabilities as a bonus.

Also detailed my car a while ago, the pics are in the detailing thread, wash and apply Klasse AIO and Klasse SG, took me 6 hours to do just that and my arms are busted. Klasse AIO was a bit hard to remove, took some elbow grease to buff it off, next was Klasse SG that aside from a 12 to 24 hours curing time where i have to wait until tomorrow to apply the 2nd coat it also needed a 1 hour drying time, and this was the really really hard stuff to remove took me about 2 1/2 hours for the whole car. i hope theveed chimes in, i really want to ask him some questions

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    As promised.. =)

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Enjoy sa pagpipics kanina hehe..I'm starting to love photography, para mas maganda ang mga kuha..sana matuto ako

more pics

yep.. cemetery

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    ^^ nice Nice location too!!

OT:

Hope theeved drops by and share some ideas. But madkatz inputs are very helpfull. Napapa-WOW parin ako pag iniisip ko na female sya haha and 6 hours of detailing and still counting ouch! Kakapagod yun

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mau2485 View Post
    ^^ nice Nice location too!!

OT:

Hope theeved drops by and share some ideas. But madkatz inputs are very helpfull. Napapa-WOW parin ako pag iniisip ko na female sya haha and 6 hours of detailing and still counting ouch! Kakapagod yun
    Dinalaw ko na rin si lolo ko hehe..Yup, all thanks to ma'am madkatz ..My mom personally likes the pic with the 'lil tree
    BTW mam nakita ko yung box mo sa detailing thread ah, ang DAMI mong collection hehe..

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Bonding na nga tayo ni Ms. Madkatz dito eh hehe

Maybe late nov. i'll drop by at bigberts Medyo may line-up pa ako ng project eh

Bumper Repaint- may naatrasan pa kasi ako na tricycle search pa ako ng good paint

Re-tint- Baka 3M na Iniisip ko kung Magic tint sa harap na parang silver tapos Medium black sa sides and rear or baliktad

Engine detailing maybe dun sa waxdaddy para waterless

Tapos bigberts na

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    saan po yung waxdaddy? and magkano ang engine detailing nila? gusto ko rin matuto mag engine detailing kaso nakakatakot galawin under the hood eh..

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Waxdaddy inside of speedlabs near capitol medical center, pegasus, pantranco

http://waxdaddy.ph/

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *Mau: Nice to know i can help, 6 hours of detailing isn't that long actually, you just have to move at your right pace. Every time i detail i just think that this would help me get in shape better and this would be my substitute for the gym, at least this way i exercise and have a nice car hehehe.

*Chickselog: Nice detailing there! i like the reflection shots of the sky. hahaha thats just one box, currently i have 3 boxes filled up and when my shipment arrives thats gonne be my 4th box hahaha but i have to stop buying these stuffs already, its taken too much on my budget already, there's actually more items in terms of number in my detailing box than in my make up kit and nail polish kit combined!

*Mau and Chickselog: seems like we're the only people here for now, i sure hope there would be a lot more active people here, try to invite you friends, who knows we might meet someone thats a really good detailer that can teach us some tip or two.

Check out my posts on the detailing thread, i posted some of my detailed innova pictures there, thats just after 1 coat of Klasse SG i just did a 2nd coat of Klasse SG this afternoon and a coat of Collinite 915, im planning on applying the 2nd coat of collinite 915 tomorrow morning and i'll post some pics when its done. Have to detail my car since i'll be leaving it for about a month, im going to bacolod for a short busines/liesure trip. you guys know any good car cover brands?

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Paint oxidation how to remove?