New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    mga pare, quick question:

It has come to my attention that casa sub-contract some of their work.

My question is this: Does Honda Cars Pasig have their own oven for paint-jobs? My ride just came out of the casa (it was severely rear-ended a month ago...) and I would like to know if Honda used an oven during the re-paint. I asked them and they weren't particular with their answer.

I've been itching to re-work the paint job. (water spots all over the new paint job) and slap on some decent protection because of the rainy season but I'm wary of disrupting the curing process.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup. They do. One of their subs was my former client, Saturn Autospec, located in Pasig. Not to worry though. Saturn Autospec is run by the same family which owns Honda Cars Caloocan and they have an oven for their paint jobs.

My ride just came out of the casa (it was severely rear-ended a month ago...) and I would like to know if Honda used an oven during the re-paint. I asked them and they weren't particular with their answer.
    Warning sign 'to... better check the paint job thoroughly, specially in the corners and near the rubber moldings.

Waters Spots? tsk tsk tsk another warning sign that the paint shop doesnt even have a covered area for the cars or has a number of cars waiting in line and might have rushed the job.

You also might want to ask what paint they used, also prep material used.

Not to worry though. Saturn Autospec is run by the same family which owns Honda Cars Caloocan and they have an oven for their paint jobs.
    Having an oven doesn't guaratee good work, it greatly depends on the prep work done by the painter, and to some degree material used...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    thanks ILD. this weekend I'll do a closer inspection under bright lights to find out their quality of work... haay..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oven means very little, you can have an oven but if the system inside the oven isnt used (ventilation, etc) it makes no difference compared to a room or even a roof.

Casa repaint, i've yet to see one that's decent.... NONE.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Oven means very little, you can have an oven but if the system inside the oven isnt used (ventilation, etc) it makes no difference compared to a room or even a roof.

Casa repaint, i've yet to see one that's decent.... NONE.
    Yup, Casa repaint doesn't mean it's better. You might be better off having your car repainted by a respectable car shop.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    can't help but to have it repainted there. it comes along with the repairs and parts that was replaced as covered by insurance kasi.

looking at the work they've done, I can't help but think that I have to definitely go for a full washover by the end of the year in a good paint shop.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    In my experience, when your car is painted sa casa under an insurance claim, they subcontract it to other paint shops which then use the cheapest materials, such as using acrylic/1K paint instead of polyurethane/2K. I learned this from some of the casa employees themselves. On the other hand, if you have it done as a personal account, they'll do it in the casa but still you won't be sure that you'll get a showroom finish and of course it would be much more expensive. Just have your car paint done in noted shops like The Wet Look, Alex Isip, Allen isidro, Ziebart, etc. Hirap lang talaga pag insurance claim lalo na pag in-house sa casa.

oven-bake paint jobs sa casa?