New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2013
    Can you please send me the link of the thread so I can check the shop?

2. Join Date
    May 2013
    Yup but the shipping is sometimes 3x the price of the product

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyboyy View Post
    as far as i know OPT philippines will sell you opticoat2.0 and its quite reasonable. but what they use is OPTICOAT PRO. they are the only authorized dealer in the philippines who can apply opticoat pro. 2.0 is a consumer version lang and is nowhere near as durable as the pro version. the consumer version also doe not come with warranty.
    1. Ravi/Optimum Philippines licenses the Opticoat 1.0 not just with them but with authorized detailing shops who have undergone training in proper application and procedure of Opticoat 1.0

2. I have no idea how much their Opticoat is. Even if I do know, I do not recommend newbie detailers to try it. Even with the longer curing time of 12hours, it's more of inexperience on how to properly apply it that's the problem.

3. Wait, does Opticoat really cost that much? 15-27k is a sum too large. Our customs isn't exactly what you call intelligent in their tax collection and how expensive is it to ship just one syringe overseas?

4. WaxSpot uses Opticoat 1.0 I believe. Not that I'm sponsoring them (I still haven't tried them despite my close proximity with them), but at 8,000php should be something that people should consider. Opticoat 1.0 is three times thicker than Opticoat 2.0 and that's a LOT of protection.

5. It may seem easy to apply. All waxes are advertised as such. But when it's time for the real application, you'll be amazed that your first few tries are actually too damn thick layering. It's like bodybuilding.. it may seem easy to simply lift weights but learning how to do proper lifting form is taught only by experience.

6. For 8K and Opticoat 1.0 coating, it actually seems pretty reasonable for your everyday ride. Considering that most detailing shops charge you 600pesos for a "wax" job that simply lasts a few weeks. However, it's not for everybody. I'll cringe at myself if I can't test out new detailing products.. and I actually love feeling my paint for the slickness a wax or sealant offers.

If you're thinking of Opticoat, you might want to look at other alternatives. Like HD Nitro

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    1. Ravi/Optimum Philippines licenses the Opticoat 1.0 not just with them but with authorized detailing shops who have undergone training in proper application and procedure of Opticoat 1.0

2. I have no idea how much their Opticoat is. Even if I do know, I do not recommend newbie detailers to try it. Even with the longer curing time of 12hours, it's more of inexperience on how to properly apply it that's the problem.

3. Wait, does Opticoat really cost that much? 15-27k is a sum too large. Our customs isn't exactly what you call intelligent in their tax collection and how expensive is it to ship just one syringe overseas?

4. WaxSpot uses Opticoat 1.0 I believe. Not that I'm sponsoring them (I still haven't tried them despite my close proximity with them), but at 8,000php should be something that people should consider. Opticoat 1.0 is three times thicker than Opticoat 2.0 and that's a LOT of protection.

5. It may seem easy to apply. All waxes are advertised as such. But when it's time for the real application, you'll be amazed that your first few tries are actually too damn thick layering. It's like bodybuilding.. it may seem easy to simply lift weights but learning how to do proper lifting form is taught only by experience.

6. For 8K and Opticoat 1.0 coating, it actually seems pretty reasonable for your everyday ride. Considering that most detailing shops charge you 600pesos for a "wax" job that simply lasts a few weeks. However, it's not for everybody. I'll cringe at myself if I can't test out new detailing products.. and I actually love feeling my paint for the slickness a wax or sealant offers.

If you're thinking of Opticoat, you might want to look at other alternatives. Like HD Nitro

Boss, do you have waxspots number? because according to ravi they use opticoat2.0 and are not licensed and authorized. pero at 8000 thats good na, IF it really is opticoat pro.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyboyy View Post
    Boss, do you have waxspots number? because according to ravi they use opticoat2.0 and are not licensed and authorized. pero at 8000 thats good na, IF it really is opticoat pro.
    Sorry pare pero wala. Oic, well that's weird. They were insisting it to be Opticoat 1.0 and not the more consumer-grade Opticoat 2.0 on the basis of familiarity kasi.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12