New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a balikbayan relative gave me a 10 oz. can of this wax (first time i've seen & heard of it) and i immediately tried using it to my maroon-colored pick-up truck. after a fair amount of prepping using 3M perfect-it III machine glaze using a rotary, I hand-applied this wax and manually buffed it.

in terms of depth of shine, it is almost equal (maybe a tad inferior) to my trusty P21S. it is likewise easy to apply and remove like p21S.

i dunno how much this wax is from the u.s. or if it is available here. from my personal experience, it is much much better than 3M and meguiars (in terms of depth of shine) with a quality approaching that of P21S.

btw, it says in the container that it does not contain abrasives nor cleaners so its safe for all paint finishes.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Blitz was like THE wax and was making a lot of noise in another US based detailing forum before S100/P21S came along.
    However, since I haven't tried it personally, I really don't know how it stacks up against locally available waxes like #26, 3M SCPW, Mothers Carnauba, EO WET, etc.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OGB is a great wax with incredible durability... it's not as easy to apply and remove than S100/P21S but it's great... OGB cost roughly $16... Very close to Collinite as opposed to 3M and Meg... As for bacon's question of how it stacks up, it's really far superior in terms of durability compared to locally available waxes...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    based on the results i got, blitz is way up there with P21S. the difference versus the locally available ones i have used like 3M and meguiars is very significant in terms of shine.

p.s.: when i compare between brands, the same amount of surface prepping is done, so, the difference can be strictly attributed to the wax product.
    Last edited by woodfire; December 13th, 2003 at 08:21 PM.

"One Grand Blitz Carnauba Wax"