New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Mga detailing and paint gurus...didn't bother putting up a new thread for my question as it is pretty simple...

Ano ba ang pagkakaiba ng Painttricks, wetwerks and other well known shops in terms of procedure in applying the paint? I was canvassing around kse since my truck needs to be repainted...i happened to inquire at painttricks and another shop along tuazon...quote was around P40-45k range. tapos nagtanong naman ako along imelda ave., one of the accredited shops ng insurance ko, and price they gave was only around 25-26k and i've seen how they work and mukhang ok naman...is it just the name? From what i can remember, they gave almost same type of paint to be used.

is it really worth investing with a shop like painttricks since price is almost double?

TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I agree with Theveed, preping the body/panel before painting is about 80% of the work (based on my experience). Shops, regardles of the level of their equipment/technology, will still be judged on how much time they dedicate in prepping the car.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Thanks David for continuing to be a Big Blessing for your fellow Tsikoters. Galing galing. Agree that we put into writing our requirement and expectation. Otherwise, we will be at the mercy of memory recall of the service providers when the problem surfaced.

first check their previous work, wag yung show car, yung ordinary cars lang, check the prep material they use, it is the most important step, you can use a PPG or Dupont or any other top of the line clear and base coat but if the prepping is done incorrectly then we have a problem.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    wow...thanks theveed, that was pretty much all i needed to know. =)

thanks guys...
    Last edited by BeetOls; November 24th, 2005 at 11:46 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
New Paint Sa Paint Tricks