New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ronald_m View Post
    You don't know what is orange peel?

i do.. and i have yet to meet a painter who can spray w/o orange peel.. thus, color sanding and wet sanding in the process to get the mirror like finish..

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenThumb View Post
    i do.. and i have yet to meet a painter who can spray w/o orange peel.. thus, color sanding and wet sanding in the process to get the mirror like finish..

really, that's unfortunate of you.With the proper gun(hlvp preferred) and air mixture,spray pattern and the right paint chemical mixture you should get a decent paint job without orange peel.I know a painter in Socal can spray without orange peel.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ronald_m View Post
    really, that's unfortunate of you.With the proper gun(hlvp preferred) and air mixture,spray pattern and the right paint chemical mixture you should get a decent paint job without orange peel.I know a painter in Socal can spray without orange peel.

o ok.. far as i know "orange peel" even gets the best on the field (ie. chip foose and boyd covington). care to name this painter you know of..? i'd like to meet him in person and maybe learn a thing or two..

sry for the OT

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    i had my car repainted by jing (zingoy's) two months ago. all in all, i'm very satisfied with the results. superb workmanship! he used dupont. fact is, i can't wait to get the mustang i'm restoring finished so i can have it repainted at his shop.

btw, jing has relocated his shop from shaw blvd to filcarrozzeria in piscor compound. haven't been there though. might drop by one of these days.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    dupont nalng so far sa 3... iv been using it.. they are using the 2k type na paint.. tougher than the urethane.... and maganda tlaga ang result ng paint...but dpende narin yan sa paintor mo and how he uses and paints the car...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    where is filcarrozzeria?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by seednie View Post
    where is filcarrozzeria?
    i think its a place in pasig near libis. honestly, i dont know where it is. he just texted me directions kasi.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    i hope this will help... my bro owned a car painting shop before and he used ppg and k92... if im not mistaken same lang ung k92 and ppg... cheaper version lang "ata" k92...same lang kasi ung company nila... i'll confirm tom...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ronald_m

Quote:
    o ok.. far as i know "orange peel" even gets the best on the field (ie. chip foose and boyd covington). care to name this painter you know of..? i'd like to meet him in person and maybe learn a thing or two..

sry for the OT

....so who is this painter that you speak of?

edit: oops.. unfortunately.. seems like i'll never get to meet this painter..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Need opinions on Anzhal, Dupont & K-92