New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i am planning to have fender flares (not body cladding) installed on my revo gl but am having second thoughts. first, i am not quite sure if the slight improvement with its look will compensate with having to drill new holes on my vehicle's body. nevertheless if it would just be a probable cause for rust to develop.

what do you think?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    just my opinion sir in installing fender flares it may cause rust, but proper rustproofing will prevent this. one thing if installing fender flares, is that it adds to the width of your car. In my pick up the fender flares were installed as an oem part. I have been using the pick up for almost two years and I see the fender flares as a liability because I usually damage it. I make the mistake of miscalculating the width of my pick up with the available space. So my fender flares are full of scatches and dents. Overall the fender flares add up to the beauty of the vehicle and sometimes if the design is unique your vehicle becomes one of a kind. Its up to you sir.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Use the OEM flare and cladding kit used on the SR and VX series.

Malaking factor ang installer since the parts are already designed to bolt on to the body. If anything goofs up, malamang sa installer side na.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Need opinion on having fender flares installed