New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    hold your horses... depende yan.. if your chin and side skirts are untreated rubber (like "common" moldings), peanut butter (or any other vegetable oil) will be able to absorb the white residue and restore it slightly...
    I've had great success getting rubber, vinyl and plastic back to it's original color by using Mother's Back-To-Black.

It's a gel that restores the black to your non-painted surfaces. Very easy to apply, which is why I've stuck with it for a few years now. Especially helpful when I need to get wax off rubber/plastic pieces I had accidentally gotten wax on.

Fairly cheap, plus the 8 oz. bottle will last you a while too!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I use Meguiar's Trim Detailer...
    Pick one up sa Hans Tools sa Shangrila Mall.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Stoner Trim Shine is far superior to Mother B2B and Meg TD... no need to buff pa...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thevs, first time I heard about that...
    Saan nabibili yan?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    True Value lang meron eh...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Stoner Trim Shine is far superior to Mother B2B and Meg TD... no need to buff pa...
    Mother's Back to Black needs to be buffed? All I do is to wipe it on, and it's good to go!

I'll give Stoner Trim Shine a try too. Which one is more expensive?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you're not supposed to leave it on coz it'll attract dirt... B2B doesn't clean trims, it just dresses it... it's a good product, but there are better ones... the most popular trim restorer in the US is a cleaner + dye product called Forever Black... it's the best for plastic, unpainted bumper restoration...

Since you're in the US, I suggest you purchase them online, Stoner's Invisible Glass is also considered to be one of the best glass cleaners out there... http://www.stonersolutions.com

I believe that they give out special offers like buy one trim shine and get 2 cans of invisible glass free, etc... Check your Motor Trend, Car and Driver and Automobile magazine ads... they usually have it there...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ooh, learn something new everyday!

I have to bonk myself over the head cause it turns out I never read the instructions for the Back-to-black right! theveed, you're right, you do have to buff after applying it!

I seem to be very fortunate that my plastic trim hasn't attracted that much dirt over the years

Thanks for the tip! Very much appreciated! :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir theveed,

how much po ung Stoner Trim Shine?pwede ba siya dun sa black plastic that holds the cover of the side mirror?and other exterior plastic stuffs like ung grill etc?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It'll work for any rubber/plastic molding. As for the price, check it out sa True Value nalang. I didn't get mine locally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Namumuting Side skirt and chin