New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *daney_waney: its basically the same, if you do a short search on different forums, the paint protection Honda does is basically applying 2x coat of sealant cured 24 between, thats why they also have the same re-application period, as for those teflon based sealants that claim to last up to 5 years, you could just buy a sealant and apply yearly and you get probably the same results. Our Honda has the hydrophylic protection and so far it really is just like a sealant.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *azzkkr2600: Well if you use scratchX you could go straight to waxing because scratchX already leaves a very glossy finish ready for waxing. As for the Step 1 part, it would depend on how you applied the polish, if its worked properly you could go straight to waxing, you will know if you worked it properly if you end up with a nice gloss. As for skipping step 2 question, Megs and Mothers have different Step 2's. Megs Step 2 is a very very mild polish that further refines the paint producing a high gloss, it also contains nutritive oils that can make paint look darker and add more depth, Megs step 2 is really not a filling polish. As for Moms Step 2 its also a mild polish but its more of a glaze and filler, its a glaze because it also contains the oils that make the paint look more wet, and what sets it apart is its fillers that are able to hide minor and very light swirls. The term Step 2 Sealer and Glaze was only used because its filler are sealed making it more resistant to washing, but Step 2 is not a sealant. Sealants are on a different category.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    Mahal talaga yung megs products pagka sa mga store mo binili. Search ka sa sulit.com may nagbebenta dun ng mga megs products na mas mura compared sa store.
    ok will do, tnx sa heads up sir.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    -removed post-

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by imogen View Post
    Does mother carnauba cleaner wax strip off paint? every how many weeks is it recommended for use? I just bought one last weekend, I don't know if it will just make the paint of my week old jazz thinner if I use it often. Everyweek kase nagpapa carwash ako, one of my friends recommended to have it waxed every carwash, so once a week daw pa wax ko. I'm not sure if that's okay lalo na kung mother carnauba cleaner wax gamit ko. Any recommendations? kase po everyweek I travel from makati to pampanga, then pampanga to makati, rainy season paman ngayon, maraming dumi sa NLEX, what's the best thing to do to have the paint protected? Have heard of Honda's paint treatment, but it's too heavy on my budget lalo na nagma-monthly pako sa jazz ko

thank you very much in advance sa mga sasagot
    I think Mother's cleaner wax is very mildly abrasive, so it might take a small small amount of clear when you use it - don't get me wrong; it's not going to be a lot, as the abrasives will be very mild, and when applied by hand, even abrasive products can be have little cut. However, given your situation, I'd think about getting a different product, if only because the Mothers cleaner wax is not going to be very durable.

Given you work in Makati, try contacting Jerome of Autobisyo - he's the local distributor of Collinite waxes, which are among the most durable waxes you can buy. Get any of Collinite 476, 915 or 845 - 476 (paste) is the most durable, 915 (paste) is the best looking, and 845 (which is the liquid wax) is the easiest to apply - but all of them will easily last three to four weeks, even longer depending on your circumstances.

Also, if you haven't had a chance, do read through this thread, especially the first few posts - it's a beginner's guide to car detailing, with lots of useful information on wash technique, waxing, and products to use, among other things.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Sir umi001 do you have the contact details of jerome of autobisyo? Can't find him kasi, tnx Po. 😊

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Mothers Product and Meguires Product