New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Does mother carnauba cleaner wax strip off paint?
    every how many weeks is it recommended for use?
    I just bought one last weekend, I don't know if it will just make the paint of my week old jazz thinner if I use it often. Everyweek kase nagpapa carwash ako, one of my friends recommended to have it waxed every carwash, so once a week daw pa wax ko. I'm not sure if that's okay lalo na kung mother carnauba cleaner wax gamit ko. Any recommendations? kase po everyweek I travel from makati to pampanga, then pampanga to makati, rainy season paman ngayon, maraming dumi sa NLEX, what's the best thing to do to have the paint protected? Have heard of Honda's paint treatment, but it's too heavy on my budget lalo na nagma-monthly pako sa jazz ko.

If I bring my own wax kase, it's only 20 pesos to have the wax applied dun sa reputable carwash sa amen. Kilala ko narin kase mga taga doon at maayos talaga sila mag trabaho. Yun po reason why I bought Mother Carnauba Cleaner Wax.

thank you very much in advance sa mga sasagot

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    I assume the product has very mild abrasives from its name carnauba CLEANER wax. So it think its not good to use it often like every week. Once a month is enough I think for this kind of product.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Just in case you missed the reply I posted in the other thread, let me repost it here:

I think Mother's cleaner wax is very mildly abrasive, so it might take a small small amount of clear when you use it - don't get me wrong; it's not going to be a lot, as the abrasives will be very mild, and when applied by hand, even abrasive products can be have little cut. However, given your situation, I'd think about getting a different product, if only because the Mothers cleaner wax is not going to be very durable.

Given you work in Makati, try contacting Jerome of Autobisyo - he's the local distributor of Collinite waxes, which are among the most durable waxes you can buy. Get any of Collinite 476, 915 or 845 - 476 (paste) is the most durable, 915 (paste) is the best looking, and 845 (which is the liquid wax) is the easiest to apply - but all of them will easily last three to four weeks, even longer depending on your circumstances.

Also, if you haven't had a chance, do read through this thread, especially the first few posts - it's a beginner's guide to car detailing, with lots of useful information on wash technique, waxing, and products to use, among other things.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by franster View Post
    I assume the product has very mild abrasives from its name carnauba CLEANER wax. So it think its not good to use it often like every week. Once a month is enough I think for this kind of product.
    Just to add some additional information - not all paint cleaners use abrasives. Paint cleaners use either physical cleaners (abrasives), chemical cleaners (non-abrasive), or a mix of both. For example, Klasse All in One (KAIO), a cleaner/sealant, is a non-abrasive, purely chemical cleaner.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I use the paste version of this Mother's CCW once a month, after which I top off with Colinite 915.

IMHO its ok to use your CCW every week.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Mothers CCW is a safe cleaner wax to use regularly. Its mild abraisives just cut through accumulated dirt and minor stains. It won't strip your car's clear coat, much less your paint. I've been using both the CCW (paste and liquid) ever since I acn recall. My advice is get another maintenance wax for times that your car's surface is relatively clean and smooth. Within the Mothers range, there's FX Syn Wax, Reflections, or Step 3 Carnauba Wax. Of course, there are many more wax options from other brands. HTH.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Thank you all for the replies, I learned a lot and helped me decide. I think I'll be sticking with my CCW once a month use, then just like EuroFD said, just buy a maintenance wax, maybe Step 3 Carnauba Wax or FX Syn Wax, or what umi001 said the collinite 915. Thank you very much again for the information, Tsikot really rocks!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ayun mga sir, nakapag order nako kay jerome ng collinite 476 1,400 daw. sabi dun sa thread 700 lang, nagtaas na siguro talaga dahil sumikat na. bukas deliver nila, so ang gagawin ko nyan sir CCW, tapos collinite 476, para ultimate protection, hirap kase like kagabe, kaka OC, dahil umulan, parang wala na kagad yung Meguires na nilagay nung weekend, di na nag beads. nagpunas nalang ako, wala paman kase source of water sa condo, kaya punas punas muna. maraming salamat po sa inyong lahat.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    good luck on your detailing.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Finally was able to use the Mothers Carnauba Cleaner Wax I bought from Blade Metro East. After washing and claying the car, apply ko na yung cleaner wax using the P99/3pcs applicator pad ng Mr. Clean. From youtube, wet the applicator pad daw muna nung Showtime instant detailer spray. Having done that, dipped the pad sa paste wax na and applied starting from the roof. And there seems to be my difficulty. I can not be sure whether what I was applying eh yung paste wax na ba o yung detailing spray pa. It's not that it's something hard or difficult to do, just a bit tricky. Kapag di ko kasi muna ini-sprayan, parang dragging naman and feeling ko parang naii-scrub masyado yung paint. Any tips from the gurus here? Anyway, after the wax/haze had been removed... it approximates the shine I had the time when I had it done by Big Berts a few years ago so happy na rin. I'm just not sure if layering it with an application of the Pure Carnauba Wax will bring a noticeable benefit. Another Php600++ na naman kasi yun. When claying, I just used car shampoo and water as lubricant, and plan to use the Showtime spray as wax booster. Ok na kaya yun?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Mothers Carnauba Cleaner Wax