New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi guys, may kaunting katanungan lang.

Yesterday I waxed my car with mothers caurnauba cleaner wax. Napatakan kasi ng maliliit na cement so I needed to wax a bit.

Question ko is does this wax also provide the protection as stated in the bottle? Confused ako coz cleaner wax siya yet it says "cleans and protects".

Meron ako Meguires NXT pero mas maganda kasi sa color ng car ko yung mothers. Do I still need to seal it with the NXT or redundant na? May sealing properties na din ba yung mothers (protects daw eh).

TIA.

OT: BlackMagic- sorry pare na confuse kasi ako sa label na cleaner wax.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://www.superiorcarcare.net/mocagofocacl.html

So its a sealant after all. Okay na at least I know I get some protection. Medyo nagtitipid kasi...hehe. next month nako bisita kay Bigberts ulit for my regular wash and seal.

Pwede po ba I use mothers cleaner wax once a month? Hindi ba harmful sa paint masyado since may polishing properties siya?

TIA

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bro, both products you mentioned are cleaner waxes, the latter (NXT) is a synthetic, that's mainly the diff.

If you apply NXT, it'll strip the Mother's somewhat... Stick to one of them

No it won't harm your paint as they're merely chemical cleaners, not abrasive.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi Veed sorry for ignorance. I'm confused...are these waxes also used for sealing and protection or do you only use these for cleaning a stained spot or panel?

Im thinking of using it regularly for washing and sealing...can be?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    they provide both, think of them as "shampoo with conditioners"...

as for your second question... as the folks here in Sing say it... "Can can!"

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi Veed. Thanks for clarifying. Just found 4 bottles of mothers waxes and megs nxt at home. I think my dad bought them. Sayang di nagagamit...time to use em..hehe.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Anytime, bud

Mothers Carnauba Cleaner Wax