New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I went to Blade and saw an MF towel that was very large, almost like a bath towel. Is it possible to cut it into smaller pieces without ruining the towel?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Yes you can, as long as you re-stitch the sides to keep the fibers intact.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    i've tried those bath size mf towels, they don't perform the same as california mf or 3m mf. it doesn't absorb well.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical! View Post
    Yes you can, as long as you re-stitch the sides to keep the fibers intact.
    Ok thanks. I was thinking of cutting the towel into 4 parts and have my car attendants use them instead of chamois to dry cars.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
    i've tried those bath size mf towels, they don't perform the same as california mf or 3m mf. it doesn't absorb well.
    Are you referring to the Microtex "bath" towels or another brand?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    it was some generic brand.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    From my experience the generic brands don't dry the cars any better compared to the branded ones. It really is worth paying more for those large, thick microfiber towels. I can dry my whole car in around 30 mins with those. I found a trick to fold the large towel in half twice, then you'll get 16 sides to work on.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    I found a trick to fold the large towel in half twice, then you'll get 16 sides to work on.
    I do the same with the big grey Microtex microfiber drying cloth. Very effective.

Another tip with microfiber cloths. When it becomes a bit brittle and dry, you can restore its suppleness and softness by boiling it in water for a couple of minutes.
    Last edited by Radical!; April 16th, 2008 at 10:13 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I made a mistake, it's actually just 8 sides to work on but still better than using the whole thing in one go. Thanks for the tip on boiling, I have a few towels I'll probably dip tonight in hot water.

Cutting the whole towel to 4 pieces actually does the same, but requires no stitching. Grab a bunch of them and you'll have to switch 8 sides per towel. Just my opinion of course.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Soak MF in WHITE VINEGAR after ever major wash... White vinegar acts as a natural fabric softener... No it won't smell sour after a water rinse, don't ask "sigurado ka?"....

MF towel - cutting into smaller pieces