New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Sir theveed, I need your help. A friend of mine brought home from Australia a bottle of Meguiar's Deep Crystal Wet Look Polymer Sealant. I suppose that this is part of Meguiar's Deep Crystal Series. However, it seems that this is a product of Meguiar's Australia, since I do not see it in any of the American websites.

Is this Meguiar's DC Wet Look Polymer Sealant a Step 3 product, in lieu of the Meguiar's Carnauba wax? Or do I use it as a Step 2, in lieu of the polish?

If I used the Polymer Sealant after I apply polish, would it be stupid of me to apply a layer of carnauba on top of it?

I would really appreciate your reply. You may want to take a closer study of the product at http://www.meguiars.com.au/Products_Retail_PC_PP.htm

Thank you so much.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You could use it in lieu of Step 3 Carnauba wax. You could always apply carnauba waxes on top of sealants but not the other way around. Since waxes are less durable than sealants, if you apply sealants on top of waxes, they will definitely come off once the wax wears off. You could always drop by our shop so we could give you some pointers on how to use your product. Hope this helps.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Yup, it does help, BlackMagic. I just want to confirm what I understood: I can use the Polymer Sealant INSTEAD of the Carnauba? That the Polymer Sealant IS the Step 3 in the Three-Step Process? Sorry, kung makulit ako. I would just really make sure lest I make some stupid mistake.:worried:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You nailed it... you use that INSTEAD of the wax.Correct po.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ayan sumagot na si FAFA DAVE. hehe.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Salamat nang marami.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    walang anuman... :D

Meguiar's Deep Crystal Polymer Sealant