New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    hi,

my car is a honda civic 95 model.
    i realized that there are significantly visible "bubbles" on some parts on its side and some at the top cover, which is basically a typical wekaness of my car model...
    i would like to scout or canvass about pricing for

• SCRAPE TO METAL, due to the bubbles and corroded metal and
    • using ANZHAL
    Please give me some hints on its pricing as well as where to go with these services...

thanks!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    im in the same situation. just got the bug to fix my brothers beat up 94 Esi. Spent a lot already cause its been stuck since 3++ years ago and we forgot about it. Had to change shock absorbers, bushings, clean out airconditioning, refill cooling agent, clean out gas tank, changed valves and valve seals, fixed power window. now, the only thing missing is a good paint job.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    i asked around some already, scrape to metal is what i need. I have rust bubbles on the roof and hood.

price range i got is 30k for scrape to metal. anyone else have shops to recommend?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by funky_monkey View Post
    i asked around some already, scrape to metal is what i need. I have rust bubbles on the roof and hood.

price range i got is 30k for scrape to metal. anyone else have shops to recommend?
    i recommend bong bufil who does home service. he did a good paint job (minor dent repair) on my car..cel no.09152089532. most shops will charge around 30 k - 45 k ( autobox, red65 paintnix, etc) for a sedan. bong charges much lower for a scrape to metal. however, be prepared to spend some for possible latero work on your roof - rust tends to hide nastily under a seemingly ok paint. this will cost somewhere between 1 k - 3k...goodluck.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    ya, follow up ko lang guys...
    hope you'll suggest auto-body shops that can accommodate my 1979 lancer.
    it needs a total overhaul especially paint and body works! maganda sana during this summer. im from mandaluyong. anyone here who has a shop or knows where i can find one, please let me know.

salamat mga tsikoteers!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by romsky View Post
    hi,

my car is a honda civic 95 model.
    i realized that there are significantly visible "bubbles" on some parts on its side and some at the top cover, which is basically a typical wekaness of my car model...
    i would like to scout or canvass about pricing for
    • SCRAPE TO METAL, due to the bubbles and corroded metal and
    • using ANZHAL
    Please give me some hints on its pricing as well as where to go with these services...

thanks!

Bro musta na car mo? were u able to find a good deal in fixing your problem? I have the same problem din kasi with my ESI 95, there are bubbles forming on the roof, had scrape to metal done twice na pero still after sometime e bumabalik pa rin yung bubbles. I asked once shop here in Caloocan, they told me na palit bubong na raw ang solusyon daw dun kasi sakit ng honda talaga yun. It costs around 15K, bubong pa lang yun, wala pang latero kasi puputulin daw yung roof ko sa car body and wala pa ring paint. Hilamos for the whole car will cost me another 25K. Medyo magastos kaya I'm hoping I can find a cheaper way to fix my problem.

Sana if any member here can recommend a shop or an excellent freelancer to help me have a good paint job na nde masyadong mahal tumaga, I will be most thankful. Thanks!

[make-over] hilamos, scrape-to-metal