New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hey detailing gurus here...help me...my car was treated with this ziebart formula...can i use the normal way of detailing cars or do i need different chemicals as compared to cars which are untreated? i hav my car washed weekly and glazed w eagle one wet wipe and shine, but a deeper shine will be better...thnx guys... :D :D :D :D :D :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    unfortunately, there's nothing you can do to improve depth and gloss to your polymer treated paint unless you strip the paint protection (polymer sealant) off the paint first. Whatever product you apply on your car right now will only adhere on the sealant layer, not the paint.

EO Wet wipe and shine is NOT a glaze, it's merely a quick detailing spray.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Would you recommend this diamond gloss finish or paint protection thing from ziebart? I just got my 2k2 CRV and wanted a good paint protection sana. Thanks peeps.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    haven't tried it so I can't say if ok sya...

I really don't see what the big diff is between paint protection systems over high end polymer sealant systems...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    theveed is right in that the Diamond Gloss is like a sealant. That makes it perfect, IMO, for brand new cars, or freshly detailed cars.

I used to work for a car dealership, and I convinced a lot of my clients to go for the Ziebart Diamond Gloss.

I've personally seen it, and it even looks shinier than a brand new car! I put two Sport Tracs side by side (same color), one a brand new car, and the other (also brand new), treated with the Diamond Gloss. The one treated with Diamond Gloss looked shinier.

As a sealant, it does protect your car. A client of mine with a Black Lynx is very happy with it. Hardly any scratches after about a year.

I think the Diamond Gloss is perfect for the following:

1. People who are not as meticulous as theveed in detailing their cars. People like theveed can do without it and save their money because they love detailing their cars anyway.

2. People who have dark colored cars, esp. black.

As I'm not selling cars anymore, then what I say here has no ulterior motive. I'm pretty sure that other brands are probably as good (Value Guard, etc), but my experience with the Diamond Gloss of Ziebart is very positive.

--Alf

P.S. Oh, yeah, to answer the original question of how to clean/detail a car with diamond gloss: since you can't improve depth and gloss as theveed has mentioned, just use plain water/car shampoo. And dry it with a good chamois/lint free cloth. No need to wax.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Good points Alfa...

IMO, if you plan to spend on DG or other paint protection, have your car detailed first, remove all imperfections, swirls, etc... (even bnew cars have this coz of idiot casa carwashers) then seal it with a paint protection sealant.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Do you know any other shops aside from Ziebart that can do paint protection (diamond gloss)? I've asked them already and it would cost P6,200 for the DG protection.

Name, Address & Contact info naman po.

Thanks.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Diamond Gloss is a registered trademark product of Ziebart.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    theveed,

I need some advise on my car, I just got the 2k2 CRV and I want to have the paint protected. Do you have suggestions? Like I was thinking of Ziebart's DG protection but it's too expensive, there might be a less expensive alternative.

I've read about Meguire's detailing - Is this thesame/similar to DG of Ziebart?

Sorry if I have many Q's - just new at this.

Thanks.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No it's not the same... paint protection is just another term for waxing and sealing... what paint protection is usually a polymer sealant that's sprayed onto the paint surface.

Your car is close to brand new, if you want to get it sealed, I still recommend you bring it to your nearest quality detailer for polishing to remove light swirls and other defects (sigurado meron yan) and ask them to skip the waxing. Then bring it to Ziebart for their paint protection.

I believe they have two products available, protect-a-shine and diamond gloss... The former being the cheaper one.

Don't quote me on its effectivity or claims as I have had no first hand experience with such type of paint protection.

After paint protection, theoretically, any minor swirls or defects that you may cause (from washing and drying) will be on the paint protective layer, and not the paint.

I believe that they (Ziebart) will tell you to come back 6 months or 12 months after for a reapplication. If you choose to do so, I would strongly suggest you bring it back to your detailer for polishing to remove oxidation or "remains" of the old sealant.

There's no magic pill in paint care to date, so any company giving claims to paint protection is still based on the same premise, ADDING A SACRIFICIAL LAYER TO THE PAINT. Same concept as wax, sealants and paint protectants.

Hope it's clear. Let me know what happens.No it's not the same... paint protection is just another term for waxing and sealing... what paint protection is usually a polymer sealant that's sprayed onto the paint surface.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
maintenance of car w ziebart's diamond gloss sealant