New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JCEE
    sori dont get it! hehe. ano po yung glaze and LSP?
    Example of a Glaze = Mothers Sealant & Glaze, not actually a sealant misleading yung name hehee. Purpose of glaze is to hide swirlmarks by filling in the gaps and crevises evening out the surface.

LSP = Last Step Product, basically waxes or sealants whatever your choise

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    ahehe thanks sir ILD mag lilinis kasi ako sa wed eh. pina-plano ko lang gagawin ko hehehe. para new practices :D

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cablespy
    never have it washed at your "kanto" washes.
    Was it yourself. Use lots of water and good microfiber towels.
    most important, dry carefully.
    very very true.. invest in quality MF towels talaga to further reduce marring.

hone your washing technique and get good washmitts. ideally, one for the upper half, one for the lower half.

don't buy the combo shampoo / wax... just get a good car shampoo.

a good carnauba produces great depth.. just the way I like it on dark colors.

wash it yourself para mag-bond kayo ng car...or if you can bring it sa PRO to have it professionally done... like Big Bert's for example.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    for those who are considering the water blade, i recommend it only if your car has even and flat surfaces (box types or audis are perfect examples). i use it more on my maxima since my fx has too many curves for the blade to "wipe" a good amount of surface each time. so far i never had a scratch produced by the blade, but i can imagine what can happen if you use it on a surface not thoroughly clean.

just in case this thread may overwhelm potential black vehicle owners, the products i stick to are accumulated through time. i dont even want to think about how much i spent if i bought them all at once i suggest starting by buying a quality set of towels, washing cloth, shampoo (some has some wax or polish already), and tire dressing. get the rest later.

last tip, right after cleaning, take pictures of your black beauty (and post them here)! it will get dirty soon as you drive them

Another Tip, if your car is really sioled and dirty, use more car shampoo in your mixture to add lubrication and prevent scratches.

In detailing, your intial expense might be expensive but in the long run, you'll find it to be a very theraputic hobby.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cali duster is a must...

then frequent use of a cleaner wax.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    sa wakas nakakita rin ako ng forum tungkol sa kotse dito sa pinas....hi guys! bago lang po. Very very informative dito...thanks sa lahat.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mga master detailers, pwede pa tutor sa detailing pag may eb? di ko kasi ma gets ung mga pinag uusapan niyo e. ung black car ko kasi dami na gasgas. ang hirap imaintain. pag may mga bata kasi dito, ginagawa nilang blackboard ung kotse. hehehe...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ginagawa nilang blackboard ung kotse. hehehe...
    yikes! one of the nightmares sa detailing.. ganito: feel the scratches. if it could be felt by your fingernail, chances are its too deep already and could only be "improved".

pag hindi pa, baka kaya pa.
    with regards to the eb thing, sure, why not...

mods, can we merge these threads together into one detailing thread?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    damn... hirap pala magmaintain ng black... i plan to change the color of my mitsu adv from white to black kasi mas elegant tignan.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
maintaining black colored car