New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I read in the Eibach site that the prokit has a softer ride while the sportline is dropped lower and the ride is stiffer.

I read in other boards AER is the distributor here in the Philippines. Could anyone please post the exact adress and contact nos.?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    suspension gurus....dun po sa list na binigay ni pierre ano po ung cheapest na okei ang performance?tsaka ano drop?

im planning on gettting a h&r springs....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    drop? it depends on what car you have. Here are some links for you - these are the best manufacturers IMO and all cost between USD 250 - 300. Sorry, medyo matagal na akong wala sa atin, so I don't know prices and availability there...

http://www.eibach.com/index1.htm

http://www.hrsprings.com

http://www.kwsuspensions.com

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meleagant8,

i'm definitely not a suspension guru but i'll answer the question :mrgreen:

THe sprngs I listed gives you a 1.5 inch drop except for the Neuspeed soft sport and the Eibach prokit which is around .75 to 1" .

Have you tried e-mailing Auto_xer? I asked him about he H&R's and he has me convinced pero problem is the budget. If I can get Neuspeed Greens for 8t i'll go for Neuspeed

B+G is P8500 at speedmode. Soft daw ride nito close to stock.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If I'm not mistaken, H&R springs are 10k to 10.5k, whereas Neuspeed is, according to you, 8k.

I have nothing against Neuspeed, but I think for that small amount more, I'd go with the H&R (correctly shot peened, high quality, etc.).

H&R has a reputation of going racing already in Europe and elsewhere. Springs being very vital to the performance of your car, and Auto_Xer being there to actually help out, I'd make the additional investment getting H&Rs.

My two cents.

--Alf

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    are there any lowering springs for vans? I plan to replace my stock springs.....my ride is a Toyota Liteace Van......:D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks sir M54 Powered, sir Supierreman, sir Alfalfameister!

babait nyo naman!

hmm....i think il save more na lang for a h&r springs...kaso the problems is if i change my shocks....lets say kyb...dagdag gastos...di ko kaya pagsabayin...student lang po ako eh...so isa isa lang kuha ko...

h&r tapos kyb shocks okei ba ride for a lancer el? tapos 195/55/15 na tires...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... I don't have actual facts to back this up, but I would change shocks before springs, yet keeping mind what springs I'm planning to get.

If you change to lowering springs, your current shocks may or may not last long -- they'll be working extra hard because lowering springs need more damping (since they're stiffer), and will work those shocks more. Remember, if springs don't have dampers (i.e., the shock absorber), they will tend to oscillate. Stiffer springs will feel like they oscillate less, but probably actually just oscillate faster for us to notice (compared to stock springs anyway). Dampers (shock absorbers) transform the rebound energy of springs to thermal energy (heat), which is then dissipated in the oil/fluid and via convection (air exposure).

In other words, in more layman terms, you'll probably soon spend on shocks right after you change to lowering springs.

If you were to change the shocks first, however, Bilsteins and Konis are built to last. If you have the lowering springs in mind already, then get the appropriate shocks na first (even if you will be using it with the stock springs). If the Bilsteins or Konis can take what the lowering springs give 'em, then they sure can take what stock springs will give 'em.

The major drawbacks are two:

1. It's more expensive as far as initial cash outlay is concerned.
    2. As far as looks are concerned, with performance shocks, you'll probably get lower by only half an inch or so....

However, if you think you'll get some money raining on you in the next six months or so (my estimate as to how long your current shocks will last with lowered springs), then it's okay to get the springs first, then the shocks next.

Mis dos centavos.

--Alf

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Exactly what I was saying Alfalfameister! I'm glad that you agree!

A lot of people seem to just want to do the springs without even thinking about shocks. I say, do the shocks the same time as springs. It'll save on labor, time and effort; especially in the long run.

I've had a lot of experience with Bilstein's, and IMO, they are one of the best brand of dampers available on the market today (price notwithstanding).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks for the explanation sire46boi and sir Alfalfameister,that was a very simple but clear explanation!

considering na luma na ung car bago mo siya ilowered...meaing luma na rin ung shocks so mas okei kung palitan mo na muna ung shocks noh?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Lowering Springs... what would you recommend?