The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What are your comments on these springs:

1. H&R Stage 2 Sport
    2. Eibach prokit
    3. Neuspeed Green
    4. Neuspeed Black Soft sport (1" drop lang ata pero read from websites na soft ride sya)
    5. B+G (made in sweden na springs available at speedmode)

If ever I will buy lowering springs what would you suggest? Actually what I’m really after is just a suitable drop but not way too low. I also prefer a ride that as much as possible would be as comfortable as stock.

Post naman kayo peeps kung ano gamit nyo lowering springs and ano review nyo dun.

Suspension gurus appreciate it too if you will reply.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Eibach has one of the best reputation around. The Eibach Pro Kit will lower your car too much and the ride will be stiffer. The Eibach Sport kit might be the better choice. The ride will be stiff than stock but will work well with stock shocks.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hey Supierreman,

Out of the springs you mentioned, H&R and Eibach are both popular and reputable spring makers.

Lowering is a little tricky; you need to get it right when you do it the first time, or else it'll cost time, money and effort to correct your mistakes.

Quick rule of thumb is, a drop of less than 1.5" to 1.75", not too much of a big deal. A drop of more than 1.5" to 1.75", you alter enough of the suspension geometry of the car that factory suspension travel (everyday driveability of the car) and factory alignment settings (especially camber and its effects on the tires) will have to be considered (could potentially mean additional costs to you!)

In any case, a lot of people opt to get just lowering springs for their cars without thinking about their shocks. Getting shorter springs means increased spring rates. The higher (more aggressive) spring rates will, for most cases, not match your shock rates. Meaning your shock life will decrease, and you'll have to get replacements sooner than if you had stayed with the stock springs. If you are concerned about ride quality, especially over time, this will most certainly degrade every time you drive your car.

Which is why I recommend you obtain aftermarket shocks as well, especially if you are very concerned about ride quality. In the long run, it'll save you money to get both shocks and springs done at the same time! I recommend you look into this as well.

I believe the Eibach pro-kit for most Hondas have less drop vs. the H&R set (although I'm not 100% sure on this one cause ghosthunter thinks otherwise).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002

i'm using tanabe presedeo lowering springs 2" drop....ok sha di mo mararamdaman yung mga small bumps sa road...the fact na 2" na drop nya... :P :P :P :P

im using 17" rims eh...so medjo matagtag ng konti...im using stock shocks lang....i dunno the feeling na naka 15" rims....siguro mas malambot.... :oops: :oops:

but all in all ok tanabe worth the price.....wag lang putol....
    :evil:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eibach is by far the best name in lowering springs, just get the pro-kit if ever because the sportline series will drop your car 2" or more

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for the inputs guys. Keep em commin'. Anyone knows where I can get the Eibachs? Post the price of the Eibachs na rin if anyone got them.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I do have a H&R Sport spring suspensions. Here's my take on these. Vast improvement in looks and noticeable increased in handling! It drops only about 1.2 inches. I'm not looking to appear in LOWRIDER MAGAZINE so it was subtle and perfect for me. The rear is lowered by fooling the air bags with a special bracket. Did not diminish the ride quality for me at all. If you're used to the Sport suspension then you'll feel right at home. The Sport Spring kit is a Stage 2 modification and offer a more styling appearance and increased stiffness of 25-30% than stock. Cornering is awesome. No rolling at all.

Now if you can afford it, get the ACS suspension: in a word AWESOME. IMO this is the best in the market out there. I cannot say in words how well it looks and rides. It really enhanced a great riding to a very sporty riding with little loss of ride. Now that the springs have settled it lowered exactly 2 3/8 inches.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Litespeed,

ACS? Not familiar with the brand. And what have you lowered 2 3/8 inches? That's pretty low! Care to elaborate?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think ACS refers to AC Schnitzer? If so, they only sell parts for European cars. Not sure what car Supierreman has...

I have experience with both Eibach and H&R. Eibach is great for the stock-like ride and not too low a drop, as is the H&R sport setup (as Litespeed mentions). If you want the stuff 'slammed', there is also the H&R race setup which is really low. Also, kW Suspensions makes really good components.

Only issue is, those three manufacturers are probably in the high price ranges. But not as expensive as Schnitzer...:mrgreen:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I thought the Eibach Pro kit is stiffer (and lower) than the Eiback Sport kit.

Could anyone confirm?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Lowering Springs... what would you recommend?