New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

I just gave my car a three step a couple of weeks ago... My plan is to apply Liquid Shine as a weekly maintainance for added protection and maybe wax once a month. Will liquid shine strip off the previously applied wax? How do you classify liquid shine? Is it a cleaner wax? a quick detailer? thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Will LS strip off the previously applied wax:

Yes, probably around 50-70% of it. Liquid shine is a synthetic cleaner wax.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i'm no expert, but i've seen liquid waxes remove stains/nanuot na dumi on my ride. i think the solvent that makes the wax liquid has something to do with it...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i think the 3 step will do just fine. too much of everything is bad. just follow the manufacturer's instructions. maybe at least once a month. magastos ang weekly bro.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Tanong ko lang...

Kapag new ba ang car wala pang 6 months..Pwede bang lagyan ng wax?Sabi ng casa wag daw muna..Ano ba talaga pwede ba lagyan ng wax or hindi?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    badkuk: I think hr/she meant our Big Bert's Liquid Shine product and not the term "liquid wax".

ian_rex: The car has been through the "3 step" already and the owner wants to know if it's ok to maintain it with a wax and LS. ;)

gearspeed: A brand new car SHOULD be waxed or sealed right away. Whoever told you that probably doesn't know the difference between repainted and factory painted.

Ok thanks theveed. So Lets say I do Liquid Shine once a week and apply sealant and glaze & wax around once a month. Will that suffice? Or ok yung Wax lang?

OT: La pa bang discount card big berts?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I say LS then wax derecho... medyo wasted effort ang glazes IMO eh.

Discount card... oo nga no, hehe nadelay ang pagplano.

How long does liquid shine last? Considering our weather conditions here in Manila

OT: Post naman pag may available na discount card

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    LS will last you about a week. Most cleaner waxes will not last as long as a standalone wax...

Liquid Shine and Waxes