New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    hehe. I think I found out where the kids started "lose" some of their enthusiasm... when the SUV got included in their regimen. :D I guess it will come back when they get the green light to start using the SUV independently.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if they are old enough (at least early teens) it's simple - "anak, this will be your car soon. don't you want it to look nice?"

otherwise, there are always the good old reliable options - bribery and/or threats

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I find money often helps

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I find money often helps
    like what we hear now a days : pera pera lang yan!!!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    It seems to me like that these kids are not interested in cars so I guess that's why they don't take the extra mile in taking care of it.

For as long as I could remember, Sundays was car wash day for our family. My Dad used to tell me that I can't have my own car until I learn how to take care of it so I was 8 or 9 pa lang I was already helping my Dad out. It taught me to be responsible plus it was great bonding time for us. I also know that it makes my Dad happy when he sees me cleaning the car so I usually do it voluntarily esp when I need to make lambing my Dad.

I guess what your friend could do is to show his children that it really pleases him to see them cleaning their cars or if he's a car enthusiast, he could introduce the children to his passion.
    Fix your power steering/aircondition problem yet?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12