New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    is there any indicator when one should replace their duster?
    ive forgotten how effective mine was when i first got it, and it seems to me that it is not as efficient lately as it should be.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ang sabi the dirtier it gets mas effective daw?? totoo ba to?? yung sa akin din kasi sobrang dumi na.. hehehe

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Unfortunately, I accidentally ran my CCD over some cat piss... with my first CCD, I didn't wash it off and the smell would be transferred onto the car everytime I use the CCD on it.

So I washed my CCD lightly, sandali lang, with some mild soap (can't remember what soap I used), at nawala naman iyung amoy ng cat urine... pero parang nabawasan din yung "waxiness" niya nang kaunti... kaso, no choice talaga, e. Kesa naman mangamoy ihi ang sasakyan ko, dyahe sa mga makakaamoy, di ba?

So my plan is to buy a new one, use the old one for my car cover which was where the cat piss was rubbed onto, and use the new one ON the car itself.

Sarap barilin ng mga bwak#$*%!#% pusang iyun!!!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    according to the local distributor woolite detergent brand lang ang safe gamitin sa ccd natin kasi very mild siya. and that's only if you really, really need to wash it. unfortunately, it's an imported brand kaya i'm thinking it may be expensive
    Last edited by baludoy; December 10th, 2008 at 10:15 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    Just recently bought a California Car Duster after going over the good reviews here. Now, can any tell me how to use it properly?

The trick is to suspend the California Car Duster above the paint surface so the strands are just barely touching the surface.

Don't use it like a mop, and don't apply pressure while using it, for doing so will cause marring on the paint.

Hope this helps.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Unfortunately, I accidentally ran my CCD over some cat piss... with my first CCD, I didn't wash it off and the smell would be transferred onto the car everytime I use the CCD on it.
    Langhya woo bad trip yan :hihihi:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
How to use the California Car Duster?