New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    just like what everyone said....dont worry about using carwash/wax combo.its a waste of time.get a decent carwash shampoo and youd be good to go and stick with that "once a month expert cleaning" since your car is still new..there should a be a very good amount of clearcoat on it.i would suggest getting a good sealant to keep it locked and wont get thin over time.get someone that knows how to apply and buff it.
    i know exactly how hard it is to keep a car clean especially if its daily driven and doesnt go in a garage.i have the same thing too with my truck but i do my own detailing.(look in the "maintaining blck cars" thread)the paint is old(so is the truck..lol) but ived kept the paint looking good for its age.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by spongee View Post
    thanks again guys sa lahat ng inputs...galing na nga ng washing outputs ko...
    yung combo ko ng dusting-wetting-shampooing/rinsing-drying works best for me..kasi nga pag maalikabok yung kotse kahit banlawan mo ng maiigi before shampooing, ang tendency talaga e maraming kakapit sa mitt na dumi kaya you need to rinse the mitt again before going to the next area..kaya what i do is dust muna ng calicarduster(d best talaga) before wetting the car para minimal na lang yung alikabok na kakapit sa mitt....problema lang talaga yang mga birds' droppings na yan
    a.k.a. Double-bucket method

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    ...problema lang talaga yang mga birds' droppings na yan
    quick detailer solusyon dyan bro.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    How much is paint protection? And what are some names of the paint protection brands that I should look for when searching for a detailer? Thanks

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    right now i'm using Formula1 carnauba wash n wax
    that shampoo is crap. I have it, but I'm not using it anymore. it feels like it's actually peeling my wax, not adding it.

mas ok pa yung 3m shampoo, It's not the best, but it's just good enough for simple light cleaning.

kung my budget, I'd go for Mothers brand...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKros View Post
    How much is paint protection? And what are some names of the paint protection brands that I should look for when searching for a detailer? Thanks
    i had mine done at Bigbert's for 1200 one time treatment only..they have a 1yr program for 5000, this includes 4treatments + 1exterior detailing.

for DIY...i have no idea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
How to take care of cars in uncovered parking?