New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron din scratches but my cleaner wax did a good job on reducing some on other panels of the car.

you can also clay the windshield... ganyan din nangyari sakin dati, nagpintura kapatid ko sa garahe at di linabas oto ko ayun tadtad ng paint overspray, ramdam na ramdam mo pag hinawakan mo.... I clayed the whole car, buti na lang natanggal yung mga overspray

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kahit matagal na nangyari yun? kaya pa kaya? i'll go to concorde to get clay bar.

how bout 2000 grit liha dun sa etched portion? repaint would be last option.

Quote Originally Posted by zildjian
    kahit matagal na nangyari yun? kaya pa kaya? i'll go to concorde to get clay bar.
    IMO kaya pa yan, its worth a try. Well getting Claybars from concorde, look for the newer stocks by pinching on the claybar, old stocks tend to be hard. You can also buy the Mothers Claybar System, which includes a Quick Detailer and Cleaner Wax which is better value for money for me.

how bout 2000 grit liha dun sa etched portion? repaint would be last option.
    mmm... if you can see the primer don't do it, but if there's some clearcoat left its worth a shot

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    k thanks bossing! will post my result.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Ouch! that looks terrible. tree saps ba talaga? it might have baked-in and etched into the paint already. as for paint overspray, kayang-kaya ng clay yan. just get a proper lubricant for it. or polish mo na with a mild abrasive but assess the CC muna before proceeding.

pwede mo din subukan 2000grit. pero ingat ka you might remove alot of CC (although IMO, this is alot more controlled-but have to be confident in your skills detailing-wise). and to remove those marring caused by wetsanding, you better use a Rotary with a cutting pad, then polishing pad...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i dont think those are simple sap anymore... like ANYTHING, if problems are left on for too long, conventional solutions are a waste of time.

If it was my car, I'd wetsand with 1500 then 2000 then 2500 then compound/polish... but that'd take LOTS of skill that we can't instruct through words or even one or two hands on sessions.

Again, I dont recommend it unless you know what you're doing.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    looks like i need professional help. going to big berts is most likely. kaya ba gawan ng paraan yan sa inyo bossing theveed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
how to restore this ugly hood?