New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Mag 2 months pa lang kotse ko pero ang dami ng hairline scratches

Mine is color black.. Suspect ko is nakuha ko sya pag aalis and paglalagay ng car cover or pag pupunas ng alikabok?

Though mapapansin mo lang sya pag nakatapat sa sikat ng araw.

Meron bang way para maalis itong mga hairline scratches?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    First, gently run your fingernail across the scratch.

If you cannot feel the scratch with your fingernail, then okay ka pa. Kailangan kailangan mo lang ipolish.
    Try to use a less aggressive product first. Ex. cleaner wax.
    Pag hindi gumana, then move up a bit and use a more aggressive product like Meg's SwirlX.
    But remember that more aggressive products will abrade your clearcoat.

Alternatively, a regular coat of wax will have some minor scratch filling capability. If you can wax regularly, you can hide/disguise the scratches.

If you can feel the scratch with your fingernail, then malas mo. You won't be able to fully remove it. Best you can do is to make it less visible.
    For this you'll need a scratch remover (e.g. Meg's ScratchX or similar)

3. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Sir do you have pictures of the scratches? If they are just hairline scratches you can try using a good polish. Start with the least aggressive and if that doesn't work move to a more aggressive compound.

Here is an example of what happened to my black car, maselan talaga black lalo na pag daily. Nabagsakan ng palapa. Nag polish lang then applied some glaze and wax after.

Imgur

Sorry hindi maalam mag upload via phone

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    those are swirls or spiderwebs. swirlx will do the job. also make sure your washing method does not add to the problem.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Mga sir.. Ganito sya.

I think "swirls" is the right term..

Hindi mo sya ma ffeel pag gianapang mo kamay mo sa surface.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dhisky View Post
    Mga sir.. Ganito sya.

I think "swirls" is the right term..

Hindi mo sya ma ffeel pag gianapang mo kamay mo sa surface.
    Yyyyep! Those are swirls alright.

You can "hide" them with a good wax or cleaner wax.

If you want to remove the swirls, you need to get a more aggressive product like SwirlX (meron sa True Value).

My previous car was a nighthawk black iDSI city.
    I did my best to keep it blemish free. I even invested on a DA polisher and eventually a rotary.
    Pero kahit anong gawin ko, bumabalik yung swirls. Grabe maselan talaga ang Honda paint. Magkamali ka lang mag punas with a not-so-clean-mf cloth, swirls na kaagad. Masandalan ka lang ng manlilimos sa kalye...swirls. Akyatan ka lang ng pusa sa hood, paw-mark-swirl.
    Also, guaranteed na babalik yung swirls na yan at least every 6 months. Bakit? Kasi 6months yung PMS mo. And may kasamang courtesy swirl,..este wash yon.

Suko na ako sa dark colors. My current car is a Taffeta white City :D

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Scratches are inevitable. Inspire of our best efforts, it still comes out. Try minimizing by dusting with a microfiber duster before washing the car. If you have to wipe the car, use a damp microfiber cloth soaked in water then wrung off.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    nakukuha ang swirls at light scratches kapag hindi tama ang pagwash at punas mo ng car. to minimize swirls and light scratches, learn the proper washing technique (2 buckets method) and drying. buy a wash mitt to soap your car and chamois and soft microfiber drying towel(s) to dry your car. don't be like the old time drivers na punas ng punas na iisang basahan lang ang gamit. kapag nakitang makapal ang alikabok punas ng punas, but they don't know lalong dumadami yung swirls kasi magaspang yung dust. iwas din sa mga carwash na nasa gilid ng daan o nasa mga parking ng malls. yup they can clean your car pero much more na swirls ang makuha ng pintura ng sasakyan mo sa contaminated na punas nila.

to get rid of the swirls, learn how to polish your car and protect it with wax or sealant. pwede by hand or by machine (polishers). marami naman nabibili na mga swirl removers kahit yung mga nasa sachet. kapag mga swirls lang, use the less abrasive polish, huwag lang yung mga rubbing compounds, sobrang gaspang nun imbes na maalis yung swirls baka lalong dumami at lumalim. kung di ka rin lang interested sa detailing, better bring your car to a reputable detailing shop na lang.