New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    I enjoy detailing my car's engine. I use Simple Green in varying concentrations to clean all the grimy stuff. I take delight in seeing the engine bay in a sparkling clean condition. Ang problema lang nga eh, when I add the finishing touches to all the black stuff e.g. rubber hoses, mouldings, air filter housing, etc., namumuti sila after a few minutes.:mad:

Except for those fancy rubber and vinyl conditioners of Meguiar's, etc., ano pa ba ang gamit niyo para kumintab ang iba't ibang rubber and vinyl parts under the hood?

And while we're at it, what do you use to shine the engine and the aluminum parts? I have seen engines that are fantastically detailed. But must I always use high-end products to attain this? Can I not make do with other stuff?

Just asking. Hope somebody can help.
    Last edited by groucho; October 4th, 2004 at 10:48 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    this might be of help. for rubber and plastic materials in the engine bay, i use tire black.use small amount only.you may not agree, but for me it works just fine.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    i agree with conzky... d lang sa engine bay un may gamit sa car ko.. pati ung mga moldings na black, nilalagyan ko nun...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    i use turtlewax black chrome polish. it works. you have to reapply it after every wash though like any ordinary polish.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Kahit anong black na dressing like armor all. Wag tire black, rurupok ang goma.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    I've tried tire black in the past. Aside from the fact that it's not good for rubber, I found it to be a magnet for dust.

I've also tried Armor All. Namumuti 'yung air filter housing sa Armor All.

Anything else? What about for the metal parts of the engine? What can make them shiny?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Paint will always make it shiny.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    I use Meg's Gold Class Trim Detailer sa mga hoses and other black parts and it lasts for weeks
    Last edited by wrecker; October 6th, 2004 at 05:04 PM.

How Do I Shine the Black Thingeys Under the Hood?