New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by manny31671 View Post
    you will also see sa mga shops meron un cleaner wax. nun newbie ako ito un recommended nang sales rep sa isang shop, magaling daw maglinis and may wax na at the same time, so binili ko and ginamit... un pala meron mild polish ito, na when you use it regularly uubusin nya unti unti un clear coat mo... loko un sales rep (kidding). you don't have to get this muna...
    I'm a fan of cleaner waxes. They're a very valued part of my detailing regimen. So I'd humbly submit my 2 cents, so to speak.

IMO, when it comes to detailing the paint, there are a number of factors that come into play para masabi na "nakakaubos" ng paint ang isang product or process. You'd have to factor:

- the product itself (does it function like an aggressive polish or compound?)
    - the pad or material used in applying the product (was a coarse pad used?)
    - the method used in applying the product (was a rotary or machine polisher used? and was excessive pressure used in applying the product?)

I'd venture to say that when the above factors are not present, cleaner waxes applied regularly, although gently, by hand, and with a soft foam applicator pad, would hardly make any noticeable or alarming decrease in the thickness of the paint.

Hope this helps.

-------------------------------------------
    Jon

My auto detailing experiences:
    http://autodetailingexperience.blogspot.com/

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *ArrJay0712: use a non detergent based gentle car shampoo so washing will not remove waxes. Any of the big car companies shampoos are good. Try to avoid thick shampoo since they usually indicate that it has a high salt content with is not good, but not all have high salts contents ok. Waxes with high water beading capabilities means less water on your car which equates to less damage on your paint. You could try Megs NXT.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *ArrJay0712:

1. around 700+
    2. around 600+
    3. i don't know since i get them by the gallons.

Mothers UWS 3 step is very effective in maintaining and cleaning your car, the megs is also not bad but if its silver, i would suggest you go with Mothers, but its better if you could replace the Step3 with Mothers FX, since its better for silver cars IMO

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *manny31671: well a car really is a huge investment and its really reasonable for you to go to those lengths to protect your car. i mean we all just want to protect our cars that we bought with our hard earned money right?

Oh yeah, regarding cleaner waxes, i have to clarify, cleaner waxes does have mild polishes but having mild polishes are also good for your paint once in a while since they remove oxidation and other possible contaminants, and the polishes in these cleaner waxes are very light that you could use them every month for the next 5 years and still have a significant amount of clear coat left, that is, once applied correctly. I don't know about applying cleaner waxes every month for the next 10 years though, the reason why i recommended you use Step 3 alternately with cleaner waxes is that because once you properly maintain a car you don't have to use cleaner waxes every month already and you could use step 3 instead to further reduce the number of times you have to use cleaner waxes, so same thing with what jon said, cleaner waxes once applied gently is safe, im so sorry if i might have confused you.

Oh yeah one other thing, Step 1 pre-wax cleaner and Cleaner wax are two different things, Step 1 pre-wax cleaner contains polishes slightly stronger than cleaner waxes.
    Last edited by madkatz; February 28th, 2010 at 05:54 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *jon: sorry, the misunderstanding came from my end, i wasn't able to completely elaborate about cleaner waxes, i just recommended the use of cleaner waxes alternately with Step 3.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    * madkatz: What Mothers FX product, is it the synwax or the spray wax?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *ArrJay0712: its the synwax if its for the wax replacement, the spray wax is also good for applying after washes for added protection inbetween washings and inbetween waxings.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    pano po linisin ung CDD?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by madkatz View Post
    *manny31671:...Oh yeah, regarding cleaner waxes, i have to clarify, cleaner waxes does have mild polishes but having mild polishes are also good for your paint once in a while since they remove oxidation and other possible contaminants, and the polishes in these cleaner waxes are very light that you could use them every month for the next 5 years and still have a significant amount of clear coat left, that is, once applied correctly. I don't know about applying cleaner waxes every month for the next 10 years though, the reason why i recommended you use Step 3 alternately with cleaner waxes is that because once you properly maintain a car you don't have to use cleaner waxes every month already and you could use step 3 instead to further reduce the number of times you have to use cleaner waxes, so same thing with what jon said, cleaner waxes once applied gently is safe, im so sorry if i might have confused you.
    hi maam, not at all, your advice on cleaner wax made sense to me naman

my current regimen:

instant detailer- 3 to 4 days
    spray wax- every 4th or 5th day
    carnauba wax- monthly (applied with soft foam applicator, and remove by MF cloth)
    cleaner wax- every 2 or 3 months nalang (instead of using it every month, applied with soft foam applicator din, and remove by MF cloth)

tnx again maam...

btw, regarding FX and Reflections spray waxes, i've read mas makapal un layer nang Reflections when sprayed. is this true? i'm currently using FX, pero kung makapal ang Reflections mas ok ang protection...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by madkatz View Post
    *jon: sorry, the misunderstanding came from my end, i wasn't able to completely elaborate about cleaner waxes, i just recommended the use of cleaner waxes alternately with Step 3.
    No worries. My comment was merely with the intention of sharing that a cleaner wax is just a great product to have in every detailing arsenal.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
How Do I Remove Dust on My car and Keep Them Off?