New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Hi.

My brother-in-law and I got to detail the engine bay of our Honda Civic 2000. The previous engine detail was done many many months ago, so the bay had accumulated lots of grime and dirt in the meantime.

Process: We took off the debris that got trapped in the hood grills and other openings. We next covered the air filter and the alternator. We then used lots of Megs Super Degreaser diluted 4:1 in spray bottles, assorted brushes in removing the built up grime and dirt, and gave a final rinse. After drying/removing the excess water, we sprayed/applied some protectant on the hoses, wires, and other plastic parts of the engine bay.

Some before pics (I apologize for the crappy pics... they were taken from a cellphone camera) :

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Some afters:

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Admiring the partial results. This was after we applied some PB Black Hole and Megs NXT 2.0 on the paint.

Thanks for viewing.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *jon: wow thats a nice engine detail! not to mention a very slick and wet looking paint! its like the paint is still wet hahaha very nice and clean! How much did the degreaser cost you? and o yeah what protectant did you use? Megs hyper dressing? Weren't you scared of getting grounded or shorting the batteries or electrical compartments? Again, NICE JOB!!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ...Ah, the effects of being bitten by the detailing bug.

I got the Megs Super Degreaser for P750.00. The protectant, on the other hand, was only a mixture of Armor-all and water (1:1).

There's always a bit of a concern about the water that we were to use especially for the rinsing part. But from my readings, the most common parts that should be covered from water are the air filter and the alternator. Other parts, such as the sensors, the distributor, etc. could also be covered as a matter of precaution. In our case, we just opted to remove the battery, and cover the air filter and alternator, as this has worked for us before.

Thanks by the way for the comment. I really like the effect of the PB Black Hole on red paint.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    woow soo nice. congrats HEHHEHE

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Thanks pare.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    better than bnew

btw sir what's PB Black hole?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Thanks

Black Hole is a Poorboy's World product. http://www.poorboysworld.com/blackhole.htm

It functions as a glaze, i.e., it fills light scratches/spiderwebbing, and gives that wet look on the paint. Some things that make it different: it's very easy to apply and remove, and it can be used even if you're under the sun.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    The pics on my previous posts were affected by my recent album organization in my Photobucket Account. At any rate, the engine detail could still be seen on my blog - Jon's Auto Detailing Experience

Honda Civic Engine Detail

Thanks.

-------------------------------------------
    Jon

My auto detailing experiences:
    http://autodetailingexperience.blogspot.com/

honda civic engine detail - our weekend experience